Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

2017 East Cape EVO x - New Build

55K views 166 replies 35 participants last post by  Fireglide131 
#1 · (Edited)
I got the call from Adam today! I'm next in line WOOHOO!

Details so far:

2017 East Cape EVO x Shallow Edition
Suzuki 60 (black)
Two tone color (Awlgrip Seafoam Green hull, Cream Deck/liner/cockpit, Seafoam Green console...final colors.)
Ramlin Standard trailer w/removabe tongue, walkboard, mounted spare hub and tire
Starboard offset Trolling motor pad and wiring with 2nd battery for 12v trolling motor.
Dual bilge pumps (dedicated circuit and switch for second pump)
Flush mount jump seat center console - cut down
4 console grab rails
All NMEA2K rigging (SIMRAD NSS9 EVO2 + SIMRAD IS35 digital guage for engine data)
Front Casting platform with Seadeck - oversized with dual bolt locations
Poling platform with Seadeck
Glove box drop in shelf
Fixed anchor light tab mounted on poling platform
VMarine Push pole holder tab mounted on poling platform
Racor Fuel water separator
Port offset bow cleat
3 Cupholders (1 on console and 1ea on the platforms)
3 Door console hatch with 12v acc plug
Insulated livewell
Under gunwale Seadeck pads - All Seadeck will be Snow Camo
3" bolt on cushions
VMarine black nylon spool type pushpole holders
"Nick Sassic" style poling platform
All rail work brushed aluminum
Front bucket cut out for additional storage under forward hatch
Standard 20-ish gallon fuel tank.

Since I won't have any cool build pics like E-Money and Todd for a while, I'll just post what I'm going to try to stay busy with waiting for my skiff....

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome build sheet so far. My vote is to cut out the front bucket for the extra storage and weight savings and get the biggest fuel tank available. You won't always have to keep it full but if you plan on going to the everglades or any other long trip you won't have to pull the boat out to refuel or anything.

#3 ·
Super excited for you. My color is next shade darker of the Stars and Stripes called Petrol Blue. I have heard mixed opinion on the cut out buckets. One said it will save weigh but another said that the filler and support needed weighs the same amount as the bucket itself. Although there is no doubt it creates more room.

#4 ·
Oh man, I like the Petrol blue too!

Not really for weight savings. Adam said it's only about 8lbs. And I'd probably want to have a small flat glassed in to hold a bucket upright so that pretty much adds it back in. My main reason is to access the additional storage.

I'll have to chat with the guys a bit more about the pro's and con's. I don't believe the bucket is a bearing surface so not sure what other reinforcements would be needed. The finished bucket is cool but seems to be a waste of good corners to tuck PFD's etc away.

M-

#7 ·
The ECC skiffs have a LOT of standard features that come with the base price of the boat. Just off the top of my head:

Custom colors (2 tone, etc)
Custom Poling platform (lots of choices of styles, pipe thickness, height, size, etc)
Custom cushions, sized and mounted to your spec
hydraulic steering
Edson wheel and knobs
Livorsi LED nav lights
VMarine pushpole holders
Ramlin trailer w/spare
Something like 8 different console styles to choose from all of which are custom fit and located to your specs.

I know I'm missing a lot more....

M-

#12 ·
Ok, went to the shop today and finalized a few things with Adam.

Final color decision - Decided to go with Seafoam Green hull and Cream deck and liner with a Seafoam Green console. All Seadeck will be Snow Camo embossed.

Some other decisions, after seeing mtoddsolomon's boat in person I decided to have the front bucket cut of mine out for more storage like his.

Also decided to get the second battery and trolling motor rigging done. (Battery Tender plug)

Will also be having them install a Stealth1 MaxPack charging system.

Led cockpit lights - decided to go with the blue.

Decided to drop the ECC Stakeout system.

Still undecided:

PowerPole Micro (now vs later)

Fuel tank size (most likely just going with the standard 20-ish gallon one)

My hull is the next EVO x right after reggiedogs is popped.

Woohoo!

M-

#13 ·
Ok some final amemendments:

Decided to go all out and add a Power Pole Micro, Motorguide Xi5 55lb troller.

I was planning on adding these down the line but with some year end bonus cash coming in I decided to just have ECC install everything now.

Also, I have 3 shotgun rod holders facing forward and 1 facing rearward on each side for easier access to fly rods from the front deck. Just so its easier to grab a different rod/fly setup if something big cruises along.

Because of this rod storage arrangement I decided to drop the 2 cupholders on the deck/gunwale as it would interfere with the rear facing rod access.

I'd say 80-90% of the time I'll be poling the flats on the Lagoon and the troller will stay home.
(When I'm fishing in 6" water.......j/k,j/k:)) But I like the troller option for fishing solo, or fishing mangrove shorelines in different fisheries.

Ok, I am officially getting super stoked!

M-

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
Fellas! My lady, she's done!! I'll be picking up next Friday as long as everything works out! It's more perfect than I ever expected!
Hah, dude, she's gorgeous but you posted this in the wrong build thread:) You got me all excited there for a sec, like maybe Santa's elves came during the weekend and finished my boat too!!

M-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.