Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to list my 2016 Ankona shadowcast 16’. I want to start off by saying i have literally taken out every inch of wire in the boat and run all new marine wire and duplex to everything on a new fuse block and switch panel. The boat needs nothing at all and is ready to fish right now and im still currently fishing it but i have decided i want to step into something bigger to accomadate my old man. She always has a healthy coat of collinite wax and is ALWAYS store under a full cover.

The boat is rigged up with a super mint 1997 merc 40hp 2 stroke 4cyl. Some what of a rare motor from what i understand and i have only ran rec90 through her through my ownership of her and im good friends with the previous owner and so did he. She has always recieved freshwater rinse downs after every outing. She starts first pull and i also have a spare motor for parts that has pt&t, electric start and a good lower unit on it that will also come with the boat. Motor has a bob machine shop stabalizer plate installed.

Boat also comes with :
- 2016 custom aluminum Float on trailer with Brand new hubs and bearing buddies, brand new rims and brand new tires. Trailer was slightly lifted to fit bigger tires and offers a way nicer ride. Also has aluminum mud/rock flaps and custom “transom saver” or motor support. Trailer is like new.
- like new simrad go5 touch screen gps with spare power cord and spare mount.
- navionics platinum plus navigation chip (looks like google maps satellite)
- quick detach trolling motor puck
- minn kota copilot 55lb thrust and remote with brand new plugs installed
- brand new group 29 deep cycle battery
- brand new powermania battery smart charger
- tall blue point fab. front casting platform with rod holder installed and stainless turnbuckle
- power tech stainless 12pitch prop included but has aluminum 16 pitch prop installed at the moment that gives it better performance and i wanted to eventually put a 16pitch stainless. Although for holeshot the 12 is awesome.
- moonlighter push pole holders, set up with stake off pole holders alongside it
- 2 sets of under gunnel rod holders that can accomadate a decent amount of rods including 9’ fly rods.
- Brand new Hella marine nav and stern lights
- blue under gunnel lights
- fusion radio with bluetooth and infinity speakers
- center console with grab bar
- aluminum poling platform
- moonlighter push pole holder on top of platform
- 2 heavy duty 6 gallon fuel tanks
- brand new rule 1100gph bildge pump
- full trailerable boat cover that covers the entire skiff
- oversized motor cover
- Bobs machine shop stabalizer plate
- custom transom backing plates and transom brackets to make sure the transom never gets stress cracks. Ankona doesnt glass the top caps to the transom on these skiff so i had my fabricator buddy make the brackets to bond the transom and top cap.

While rewiring the whole boat and doing other little projects we replaced all the self taping screws that were installed by factory with all stainless hardware, through bolted with nylon locking nuts through out the skiff.

Skiff has some scratches and what not on the bottom from poling over shallow bottom but for the most part its in great shape and boat is like a mirror.

This is not like any shadowcast ive seen around, i took alot of pride building this skiff out and have put alot of fish in her in the everglades out of flamingo and chokoloskee. From poling 5 inches out front to making 20 mile runs from chokoloskee to lostmans on the ocean side. Previous owner took her offshore mahi fishing a couple times.

Im asking $13,000, which i think is very fair considering what you would be getting. Not in a rush to sell, please contact me with any questions. Thanks for the read

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
GLWS
When you installed the 40hp 2s, did it cause transom to flex and this is why you installed the additional support?

Decided to list my 2016 Ankona shadowcast 16’. I want to start off by saying i have literally taken out every inch of wire in the boat and run all new marine wire and duplex to everything on a new fuse block and switch panel. The boat needs nothing at all and is ready to fish right now and im still currently fishing it but i have decided i want to step into something bigger to accomadate my old man. She always has a healthy coat of collinite wax and is ALWAYS store under a full cover.

The boat is rigged up with a super mint 1997 merc 40hp 2 stroke 4cyl. Some what of a rare motor from what i understand and i have only ran rec90 through her through my ownership of her and im good friends with the previous owner and so did he. She has always recieved freshwater rinse downs after every outing. She starts first pull and i also have a spare motor for parts that has pt&t, electric start and a good lower unit on it that will also come with the boat. Motor has a bob machine shop stabalizer plate installed.

Boat also comes with :
- 2016 custom aluminum Float on trailer with Brand new hubs and bearing buddies, brand new rims and brand new tires. Trailer was slightly lifted to fit bigger tires and offers a way nicer ride. Also has aluminum mud/rock flaps and custom “transom saver” or motor support. Trailer is like new.
- like new simrad go5 touch screen gps with spare power cord and spare mount.
- navionics platinum plus navigation chip (looks like google maps satellite)
- quick detach trolling motor puck
- minn kota copilot 55lb thrust and remote with brand new plugs installed
- brand new group 29 deep cycle battery
- brand new powermania battery smart charger
- tall blue point fab. front casting platform with rod holder installed and stainless turnbuckle
- power tech stainless 12pitch prop included but has aluminum 16 pitch prop installed at the moment that gives it better performance and i wanted to eventually put a 16pitch stainless. Although for holeshot the 12 is awesome.
- moonlighter push pole holders, set up with stake off pole holders alongside it
- 2 sets of under gunnel rod holders that can accomadate a decent amount of rods including 9’ fly rods.
- Brand new Hella marine nav and stern lights
- blue under gunnel lights
- fusion radio with bluetooth and infinity speakers
- center console with grab bar
- aluminum poling platform
- moonlighter push pole holder on top of platform
- 2 heavy duty 6 gallon fuel tanks
- brand new rule 1100gph bildge pump
- full trailerable boat cover that covers the entire skiff
- oversized motor cover
- Bobs machine shop stabalizer plate
- custom transom backing plates and transom brackets to make sure the transom never gets stress cracks. Ankona doesnt glass the top caps to the transom on these skiff so i had my fabricator buddy make the brackets to bond the transom and top cap.

While rewiring the whole boat and doing other little projects we replaced all the self taping screws that were installed by factory with all stainless hardware, through bolted with nylon locking nuts through out the skiff.

Skiff has some scratches and what not on the bottom from poling over shallow bottom but for the most part its in great shape and boat is like a mirror.

This is not like any shadowcast ive seen around, i took alot of pride building this skiff out and have put alot of fish in her in the everglades out of flamingo and chokoloskee. From poling 5 inches out front to making 20 mile runs from chokoloskee to lostmans on the ocean side. Previous owner took her offshore mahi fishing a couple times.

Im asking $14,500, which i think is very fair considering what you would be getting. Not in a rush to sell, please contact me with any questions. Thanks for the read

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GLWS
When you installed the 40hp 2s, did it cause transom to flex and this is why you installed the additional support?
More like with the bouncing and what not of trailering 2 hours to the area i fish on the road i was worried that long term i would get stress cracks because like i said ankona doesnt glass the top cap to the transom so we made those supports to make sure it would never have any issues down the road.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finally had a moment where i wasnt busy and it wasnt pouring rain to uncover the boat and take some pics

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts