SOLD/EXPIRED 2014 HB Waterman CL

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by westsidefly, Jul 26, 2015.

1. westsidefly

westsidefly I Love microskiff.com!

Not mine.

https://lakeland.craigslist.org/boa/5141057319.html

2. swaddict

swaddict Thread Killer

seems well priced for a 2014, depends on the motor hours

3. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

Nice ride. As far as price, a new one wasn't a whole lot more in 2014. This skiff is about the most basic package you can buy.

4. BlackRiver

BlackRiver I Love microskiff.com!

What's a new watermen set up like this cost?

5. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

2014 quote
    [​IMG]

6. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

That's funny that an engine upgrade is any other engine other than an etec

7. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

That is because just about any other motor is better then an ETEC lol

8. flynfish91

flynfish91 I Love microskiff.com!

That is because just about any other motor is better then an ETEC lol [/quote]

LOL! That is the truth! Beautiful Waterman, be gone by the weekend

9. firefish

firefish I Love microskiff.com!

Thats sad,,, that those engines have such a bad rep !!! I too am a Yamaha guy ,,,, But they put a bunch of em on them ankonas and if they were that bad , I would think Mel woulda sent em packin !!!Sorry for derail, Boat is sweet and while it's not "loaded" Its got all the essentials !!!I am also gonna pass on to a friend who is prob. gonna be interested !

10. MariettaMike

Its not that etecs are bad engines, they just cost less because they are two strokes with a lot less parts than four strokes. Especially expensive parts like intake manifolds, heads with valve ports, valves, valve springs, cams, fuel injectors, oil pump,,, Add R&D and warranty costs for all that and I'm surprised four strokes don't cost even more.

Beavertail's upcharge for not going with an etec was more than HB.

11. grovesnatcher

grovesnatcher Well-Known Member

This is the real numbers

Evinrude E60DSL Inline 2-cylinder E-TEC® DI 60 hp 2015
    $8,730.00 retail
    $6475.00 dealer
    Suzuki DF 60 AVTL DOHC, 12 valve, 3 cylinder 2015
    $8,875.00 retail
    $6,656.00 dealer

12. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

I was just pointing out that they should rephrase that part of the contract. I assume they are an etec dealer and buy the engines in quantity giving them a better price over other engines.

13. firefish

firefish I Love microskiff.com!

interesting,,, I def. see the logic in the parts cost and also shannons #'s seem like they're pretty close. And yes that wording does sound BAD lol !

14. MariettaMike

Interesting.

So HB & BT are scalping their customers for Suzuki's or they don't get the dealers' deal because the dealers don't get to do the rigging. OR maybe there is a better price for boat OEM's on etecs. OR maybe the OEM's are giving you new "old stock" they got from BRP, while Suzuki and Yamaha keep selling old ones as new because they quit having model years. Surely its just not ego driven.  ::)

http://www.randlmarine.com/the-true-story

Regardless of why it will take over 400 hours of operation for you to get your $2000 back if you got 25% better fuel economy. Add in a few oil changes along the way and you're going to need 500 hours. (That's 10 years for the average boater.)

http://www.suzukimarine.com/~/media/Marine/Accessories/Care%20and%20Maintenance/care_PDF.ashx

You think Bob Lemay, CA Richardson, Dustin Huff, Joe Gonsalez, and many other guides would run etecs if they frequently broke down and cost them revenue. If I remember correctly Flip is running an etec on his Whip.  ;)

Not sorry for ranting, because I honestly feel there are too many people that jump on the etec bashing bandwagon based on hearsay info from years ago, and have never even ridden in an etec powered boat within the last few years.

In my opinion buying this boat at the 2014 base price with over $3000 worth of options is better than buying a 2015 for $41.5k and then spending another $3k to plumb the livewell and install a TM.

15. johnboy1114

johnboy1114 I Love microskiff.com!

thought the same thing

16. grovesnatcher

grovesnatcher Well-Known Member

Those numbers are just general off the net prices who knows the real deals the manufacturers get, I'm sure each company has package deals so more power to them. All the motors these days seem decent so get the best deal. I agree that waterman is a sweet deal for a cool boat. I'm bias as a waterman owner, I've really enjoyed fishing mine from the flats to the beach.

17. sickz284u

sickz284u The redfish whisperer!

I have been running a evinrude etec 60 for 3.5 years now with ZERO issues. It's been by far the best motor I have ever owned. So etec bashers keep bashing lol.

Also, this HB waterman really looks like their 2014 Demo model that was for sale for 37.5k. Now take into account the base price last year with a 60 was 43k then add the extras he put on the boat it's still a fair deal. Thats if it is indeed the demo boat. If not the demo even better.

18. Megalops

Megalops Rex Kwan Do Dojo

Same here. Not sure where or how the etecs got a bad rap but I've not had a single issue with mine. Still have 3 years of warranty, I'm up for my 3 year service once the tarpon migrate, and I still have oil I bought from 3 years ago....

19. flynfish91

flynfish91 I Love microskiff.com!

I think everybody has an experience with a brand that just turns them off, I had that experience with ETEC and Honda so I will never own anything but Yamaha. This skiff is like new and whoever gets it is gonna be stoked ETEC or not.

20. sickz284u

sickz284u The redfish whisperer!

I guess that would depend on what HP motor yamaha you speak of, personally you could not PAY me to hang a yamaha F60 on the back of my boat. I have been on 4 boats with that motor and that has to be the most no torque down low outboard I have ever seen, not to mention a PITA to prop. The only other 60hp outboard of recent I would put on my boat besides the ETEC would be the Suzuki 4 stroke. The yamaha F70 is a different story. The F70 is a good motor.