SOLD/EXPIRED 2014 East Cape Glide

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by UCFishin19, Mar 17, 2014.

1. UCFishin19

UCFishin19 Well-Known Member

2014 East Cape Glide
    (Listing this for a friend)

My buddy says the Glide has been a good backcountry microskiff for him, but that his needs have shifted to a little larger skiff.

Price: $18,000

Includes the following:

Cooler
    Removable grab rail
    Carbon fiber tiller extension with trim tilt button built in
    Electric start/trim/tilt
    Ramlin Custom Galvanized Trailer
    2014 Yamaha 25 four stroke approx 12 hours
    27 top end cruise at 24-25mph
    12 gallon aluminum gas tank
    Forward Bulkhead
    Bilge pump
    Electric trim tabs
    Stainless prop by powertech

Email: flatskiff14@yahoo.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sickz284u

sickz284u The redfish whisperer!

Very cool little skiff! GLWS

3. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Wow, that boat was just built! Hate to see it go up for sale so quickly but someone is getting a pretty good deal!

4. bugslinger

bugslinger Practice catch and release.

That's a sweet looking micro....
    good luck with the sale.
    What are you moving up to?

5. UCFishin19

Thanks guys.

Skiff is sold pending wire transfer in a couple days.

6. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

Very odd for such a new boat to be sold on the used market so quickly. Not stirring the pot, but makes you wonder where the disconnect was at. A 16' boat should never give the impression it can handle big water and fish 3 people comfortably. That is what the term larger skiff means. What went wrong here?

7. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

It's actually in the 17' class but this seems to happen quite a bit. He probably decided that he wanted a console setup or to switch to something a little bigger. Guess the main thing here is that it didn't sit on the forum very long and sold pretty quickly..

8. joeeth

joeeth I am a land locked saltwater fisherman

the post plainly said "needs have shifted". The seller does not owe you or anyone else an explanation on a public forum. that is for him and the buyer.

beautiful boat.

9. Capt. Eli Whidden

Capt. Eli Whidden Sight Fishing South Florida

Gotta love that Card Sound ramp.

10. Bissell

Bissell Microskiff.com... Priceless!

Maybe it's tooo tippy :)

11. Gramps

Maybe we want to know why he is selling it? Ever consider that fact? I want something like a Glide but the wife isn't sure how it will fit our lifestyle. If it is built and she doesn't like it, you'd bet your hindend it will be on the market!

I've had a few boats that didn't fit my needs and unfortunately were on the market only months after taking ownership. It happens plus I can be a bit impulsive. ;)

12. hamelt

hamelt Well-Known Member

"What the wife thinks" - seriously?  And y'all still get to go fishing too?    :cool:

13. Gramps

Newly wed, gotta keep her happy! She helped rebuild a Hobie, so I acquiesce to some things. And she wants to be on the water as much as I do!

14. UCFishin19

The pending sale fell through- apparently the buyer asked for permission instead of forgiveness with his wife! haha! Learning the hard way...

So, this Glide is back on the Market again. Here is your second chance if you saw the listing too late the first time. Asking 18k

15. joeeth

joeeth I am a land locked saltwater fisherman

and i would have no problem with anyone wanting to know. humans are inquisitive by their very nature.

i guess what bothered me was the assumption instead of just asking.

i got you on the impulsiveness. i am guilty of many things like that. ;D

16. East_Cape

East_Cape Well-Known Member

Actually you can call the seller or make contact and he can tell you but since your wanting to know I'll tell you.
    He is back at fishing tournaments and actually fished this GLIDE in a recent one on the West Coast and needs more speed, a bigger live-well, etc.
    So, makes sense as he loves the GLIDE but now wants to go back into the tournament scene and the Glide was never meant for that nor marketed as such…
    This also goes for any boat/brand in this class, sure you can fish them but at the end of the day most/all run bigger boats as he plans to fish the entire S.E. USA.
    tight lines!

17. ifsteve

ifsteve Well-Known Member

I don't think its even an inquisitive thing. I am faintly considering getting a bay boat (no the Vantage is not for sale). I came across a almost new boat that was for sale. Had less than 50 hours on it.

When I see a darn near brand near boat for sale I want to know exactly why the seller has changed his mind. Things change and that's fine but nobody wants to be buying somebody else's problems. Now we know that wouldn't be the case here cause she's and ECC! :)

18. Capt. Eli Whidden

Capt. Eli Whidden Sight Fishing South Florida

You gotta point there. By the time the sale is final you have to know what your getting into. Microskiff to tourny boat.... That's a big difference.

19. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I didn't want the builder's opinion. I am looking for objective feedback. If I wanted an ECC soapbox I'd be on your boards.

20. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Coconut, your not even interested in the Glide so what does all this matter to you? Must matter quite a bit in order for you to thread jack some dudes for sale thread..