2014 East Cape Glide SOLD!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by DSampiero, Sep 27, 2017.

1. DSampiero

DSampiero working for the rewards...

BOAT IS SOLD 4/25/18

Not sure I'm happy about this, however I'm away for work 6 months of the year and this garage queen was built to fish not sit.

Here's my thoughts:

This is the best riding, skinniest floating easiest poling skiff I could find for one to two anglers, though the boat is rated up to three (done it, still safe and fun). I had always wanted a HB Glades Skiff, but went with the Glide because it offers a more comfortable and safer dryer ride for it’s size and a better value in my mind. She runs low to mid 20s depending on load, burn is ~1/2 gph WOT, so yes, the 3 gallon tank is sufficient for most trips. This is the ultimate poling skiff, I’d put it against anything that floats as skinny in terms of ride and ease of poling.

Here’s what you get:

2014 Glide, 17' LOA, 58" Beam, weight: 370lbs bare hull
    2014 Ramlim Galvanized trailer with removable tongue, includes spare tire with locking bracket
    2014 Suzuki 20hp, electric and manual start, power tilt. Solas 9.25’’ x 11P prop installed, with brand new matching spare, spare shaft nut, washer etc. also have factory prop as well. 77hrs on motor, Tiny tach shows 87, but was installed used with 10 hours.
    Carbon Marine Tiller extension
    Suzuki’s 3 gallon tank and a West Marine 6 gal for extended range
    2015 Minkota Riptide 12V 50lb thrust, can add ST module(not included), two remotes
    WM Deep Cycle for TM, (New January 2018)
    Carbon Marine Moonlighter Push Pole, forked foot
    V-Marine removable push pole Holders
    Self priming integrated float switch bilge pump
    Factory Shark eye running lights, Factory flip up all around white running/anchor light on Factory Poling platform.
    Shallow Water Solutions push pole holder on platform (easily removed/relocated)
    Power Pole Micro with 5’ and 8’ poles, two remotes.
    Hummingbird Helix 5 GPS with Side scan sonar, no added nav chip (January 2015)

These boats typically come with running lights only from factory rigging, when I added the Helix and bilge pump I also installed a BEP Marine Mini main switch, Blue Sea Systems fuse block with ground and BUS type fuses. I used tinned marine wire of appropriate gauge for application, and all splices are soldered and heat shrunk, see the pictures. The bilge pump dumps into the motor well and that lets water flow overboard if needed (only ever runs wash down, the boat rides super dry), this resulted in fewer holes in the boat/less invasive install. The aft port storage is shaped for a livewell, but neither I nor the previous owner felt a need to plumb it. If I was going to use bait I just put a 2.5gal bucket in there, super easier, less holes in boat, easier to clean, etc..

Under gunnel rod holders can handle Fly rods (up to 10’) and you could stack as many as 12 rods in the boat, but six or less is much easier to deal with.

I never added a forward casting platform, because I'd just use a yeti-style cooler when the gal or guy on the bow wanted some extra height, same cooler would be used for coffin-box style seat in the cockpit when running around under power. Cooler not included.

The lack of bulkheads makes getting rods in and out much easier than tubes, saves weight, increases storage capacity and also lets the post trip wash down be more thorough.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  2. not2shabby

not2shabby Well-Known Member

And that's how you write a boat ad. Well done and best of luck!

Chris M, DSampiero and sabaird1221 like this.

3. Fly_or_Die

Fly_or_Die Active Member

Hey give me a call. 843 - three84 - 7337

4. DSampiero

Will call on Saturday.

5. DSampiero

Bump for asking price reduction.

Fly_or_Die likes this.
  6. DSampiero

7. Yaboai2

Yaboai2 I Love microskiff.com!

8. Yaboai2

Yaboai2 I Love microskiff.com!

Is the boat still available?

9. DSampiero

Yes. Email is best way to reach me.

captdrob likes this.
  10. captdrob

captdrob I Love microskiff.com!

11. DSampiero

replied to PM. thanks for your interest, she's ready for a new home and I'm getting itchy to order the next toy. :confused:

12. DSampiero

Price reduction bump.

13. DSampiero

Bump. had a few lookers come see the boat. Seemed like people who hadn't settled on what boat they want.. No flame, happy to go for a ride (when I have time).

14. FLmatt

FLmatt Active Member

DSampiero, do you happen to know long and wide it is when on the trailer? Thanks. I’m looking for a new skiff but I’m pretty limited on storage space.

15. DSampiero

19ft long from bow to back of the motor with tongue removed from trailer and about 6.5ft wide. Still available.

16. FLmatt

FLmatt Active Member

Thanks. Sent you an email.

17. Tailer

Tailer Well-Known Member

This still for sale? I sent you an email earlier this week.

Thanks!

18. DSampiero

Boat is available, my availability varies. Just replied to someone who had gotten shifted to spam (sorry). post here if that wasn't you.

19. Tarponfisher92

Tarponfisher92 Active Member

How is this boat still for sale? I would be all over this if I was in the market for a new boat.

20. DSampiero

I'm sporadically in town to show it. leaving tomorrow for 360NM sailing trip.

Tarponfisher92 likes this.