SOLD/EXPIRED 2014 Beavertail Strike

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by jaredbrier, Mar 8, 2015.

1. jaredbrier

jaredbrier Well-Known Member

For Sale:
    2014 Beavertail Strike w/ 60 E-Tec ~ 180hrs w/ warranty until 1/1/2020
    Aluminum Peterson Trailer

$29,500

Willing to drive reasonable distance to make deal.

Jared @ 305-304-9624
    or jaredbrier@gmail.com

Includes:
    -Garmin 441S GPS w/ transom mount transducer
    -4 blade ss Rogue prop
    -45qt Yeti Cooler with cushion
    -Atlas 4" Jack Plate w/steering wheel lever control
    -Carbon Marine Casting Platform (all carbon fiber)
    -Custom hull and non-skid color package
    -Custom black powder coat on all aluminum- poling platform, console grab bars, bench seat, wheel
    -Bench Seat installed forward of rear hatch (not standard)
    -Oversized poling platform with seadek pad
    -Dual rod holders on rear of platform
    -Dry launch trailer with two speed manual winch - all lights functional
    -Alloy trailer wheels w/spare
    -All electronics + gauges are fully functional

Boat is in excellent shape and only selling to upgrade to BT Elite.

Photos:
    http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/jaredbrier/library/Beavertail%20Strike?sort=3&page=1

2. Fountain31cc

Fountain31cc I Love microskiff.com!

How has the custom bench forward of the hatch worked out? I presume this also required moving the center console forward?

3. jaredbrier

Ya they moved it forward about 10 inches. The strike itself has a huge cockpit space so I didn't lose much space at all with a 45 yeti in front of the console. Its probably comparable to a HB pro with a center console. Its also great for accessing that rear compartment for whatever and not having to remove a cushion which gets old after a while.

4. twshaw1103

twshaw1103 I Love microskiff.com!

What's the overall length including trailer?

5. jaredbrier

22' including engine and tongue give or take an inch

6. Harlieb3

Harlieb3 I Love microskiff.com!

How stable is it on the poling platform? I'm 6'4" 225#...
    What does it run out to with 2 people and gear? Thanks

7. jaredbrier

Its a flat bottom skiff so its extremely stable. I can walk the gunwales with no problems or fear that its gonna throw me. Not even close to as tippy as a dolphin or 17 hpx-v. It also has an oversized poling platform which is not standard so you should have plenty of space on it.

It tops out at about 34mph with two people and gear. Its obviously not a speed demon being a flat bottomed skiff with a 60 and a 4-blade on the back but it has great hole shot and runs crazy skinny with the jack plate. Also that deep v entry along with the bow flare makes it a super dry ride. Drier than any maverick or hells bay I've rode in.

8. Treetop-Flyr

Treetop-Flyr Well-Known Member

Brim, where did you get the custom etec cowling stickers?. I would like to rid mine of the red and grey strip as well. Thank you

9. Harlieb3

I have a 2005 Cobia 222 bay boat with 250 vmax that I'm trying to sell. I would love to fish this with you. I have minimum time on a skiff and not sure what I'm getting into...

10. jaredbrier

Got the custom stickers from R&T vinyl signs on Big Pine Key. You could probably get any vinyl shop to do it for you.

Harlieb III, give me a call to discuss.

11. jaredbrier

Thanks for all the interest so far. Still available. Open to offers. Thanks

12. jaredbrier

Got a request for photos of boat in the water. Added some to link if anyone is interested.

13. Treetop-Flyr

Treetop-Flyr Well-Known Member

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your custom e-tec cowling stickers?

14. TurnMeLooseFLKeys

TurnMeLooseFLKeys I Love microskiff.com!

He answered your question in post #23.

15. TurnMeLooseFLKeys

I've got some questions, if you don't mind answering them.
    With your setup, what's the shallowest draft you've seen?
    Would you own an E-Tec again?
    Why the switch to the Elite?

16. jaredbrier

The shallowest draft I've seen is about 5 inches. I've fished the backside of Snake Bight in this rig with fuel and two people with no issues. The boat is light and sensitive to weight so I opted out of the 90 E-Tec(100lb difference) and trolling motor. Don't use a trolling motor much anymore anyways and the 90E-Tec made it squat an additional inch or so which I wanted to avoid for fishing Flamingo and poling. Its balanced out perfect for poling and skinny fishing.

I have only had one issue with the E-Tec which was a defective part that I got fixed ASAP under warranty with no cost to me. I've had no issues since then and that 60 just sips gas. I use Rec90 and put 168hrs on it last year. I'm getting an E-Tec on my next boat if that answers your question.

I'm going to the Elite because I like the fit and finish of the Elite a bit more with the Carbon Kevlar, the layout of the hatches and livewell, and the integrated console/cooler but essentially it is the same hull as the Strike with a few tweaks to improve poling. Beavertail built this skiff as an upgrade from the Strike at a higher price tag. The Elite is a bit heavier and draws more water which doesn't affect my fishing down here in the Lower Keys. I also don't fish Flamingo as much as I planned to since I moved down from Homestead. The major difference in hull design on the Elite is the transom is rounded and pinched with an additional negative 5 degrees to improve poling as opposed to the semi-tunnel pocket design on the Strike. With that said I do love the semi-tunnel on the Strike for running through super stupid skinny stuff.

But also the Strike is just as capable of handling big water as the Elite. I've fished the Marquesas on nasty days, I've been 12 miles offshore fishing the oil rigs in Louisiana, I've fished mahi in 400ft of water off Big Pine, and I fished the Bahia Honda Bridge during those high winds last May for tarpon in the Strike. I don't hold on to boats long and this will be my fourth in as many years.

17. TurnMeLooseFLKeys

18. Harlieb3

What motor will you put on your elite?

19. jaredbrier

The Elite is a heavier ride so I'm going with the 90etec.