SOLD/EXPIRED 2014 Ankona Shadowcast 16'

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by blaker, Sep 29, 2014.

1. blaker

blaker I Love microskiff.com!

https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/boa/4634763334.html

2. blaker

Updated Listing. $9600

https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/boa/4704997371.html

3. jeffmlad

jeffmlad I Love microskiff.com!

Ohhhh shit....if this available next spring....

4. jonterr

jonterr I Love microskiff.com!

Thats crazy!!!
    If u want it, jump on it!
    NOW!

5. joeeth

joeeth I am a land locked saltwater fisherman

That is a beautiful skiff and I think it is crazy that it has not sold yet.

Ankona is definitely my favorite skiff on the market right now.
    Clean lines, proven performance, priced great, and beautiful layouts.

i will be getting the SC 18' but this is gorgeous.

GLWS.

6. mdiaz707@gmail.com

mdiaz707@gmail.com I Love microskiff.com!

Is this supposed to be a "great deal"?

7. pt448

pt448 Well-Known Member

It is if you live in Louisiana, or anywhere close for that matter. Traveling to Ft. Pierce and back to pick up a boat is a significant expense. Also, the tax paperwork to register a new boat bought out of state is a PITA. If I had the cash I'd have bought it a long time ago. The problem is not that many people in LA want this kind of boat, but those that do will pay 9K+ for it.

8. blaker

9. blaker

Here is a link to a more detailed ad on Craigslist.

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/boa/4742172116.html

I was getting a lot of questions so I tried to answer them all in the ad. $9400.00

Here is a copy of the ad:

2014 model Ankona ShadowCast 16' picked up out of Florida October of 2013. Great little boat that gets in the real shallow water. It has an Aluminum Poling Tower, Aluminum 8 gallon fuel tank, Front Bulk Head with SS Latch, Under gunnel rod holders, and 2 sets of rod tubes. It sits on a custom 2014 Aluminum Float-On trailer with spare tire/ hub assembly. It is powered by a 2008 Honda 20 hp tiller handle with Stainless Steel Prop.

I love the boat. I have Absolutely no complaints on the boat, motor or trailer. I researched Ankona for a while before I bought the ShadowCast and it has exceeded my expectations. I wanted an inexpensive, high quality, two man, bare bones fishing set up and it has been exactly what I was looking for.
    I've been out fishing at least 30 times over the last year and I've never had an issue with boat or motor. I think this boat was the second that they made with the full molded deck cap like the 18' model. The Honda starts easily, even in the cold. Motor is in great shape and it sips fuel. I have never uses more than 3 gallons fishing all day. It runs 20+ mph. I would would guess a little over 25 mph when lite on gear and solo, but I have not been able to get an accurate measure. It's hard to say how many hours are on the Honda. I bought it from someone that had 4 boats and sold the skiff it was on and Honda because he "never used it". I would say I've taken 30-35 trips over the last year in the boat. Probably averaging 1-2 hours if run time a trip. I've never had an issue on the water. It always starts right up. I replaced the water pump when one of the impellers tore, but that's my only repair on it.
    The boat has always been stored under a carport.

The cons:
    I have a couple of small cosmetic nicks in the boat.
    It's not made to handle much chop.
    Three people can be a little crowded fishing.

Email or text if interested in taking a look at the boat. two two five six one four sixty five seventeen

10. blaker

Bumped $8,900

11. blaker

Updated link to craigslist
    http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/boa/4792775897.html

12. blaker

13. Paul_Barnard

Paul_Barnard Well-Known Member

Blake, it's unfortunate that Micros don't sell well in our area even though they offer so many advantages over an aluminum skiff. That's a nice boat at a good price.

14. blaker