SOLD/EXPIRED 2013 East Cape Caimen w/ 30hp Tiller

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by dpreston59, Dec 12, 2014.

1. dpreston59

dpreston59 I Love microskiff.com!

[​IMG]

Hate to see her go but just not using enough and no room to store.  Boat is in like-new condition, with many custom features including Carbon Marine platforms, carbon fiber grab bar w/ integrated control box, carbon fiber tiller extension, custom gel coated frigid rigid cooler, Atlas Jack Plate, Harry Spear PP Holders, etc.  New custom boat cover, Ramlin trailer with removable hitch.  Happy to answer any Q's here or via PM.  $25k. 

Link to full pics:

http://www.eastcapeskiffs.com/forums/showthread.php?10500-Carbon-Tiller-Caimen-For-Sale

2. SNOOK48

SNOOK48 I Love microskiff.com!

Beautiful skiff...GLWS

3. dpreston59

4. priscillatgorilla

priscillatgorilla I Love microskiff.com!

nice !!!

really nice !!!

that's a sharp rig !

5. Panama1one

Panama1one I Love microskiff.com!

Is boat still available?
    Where is it located?

6. dpreston59

Still available, currently located in Orlando at East Cape. Happy to coordinate a showing.

7. colin76regan

colin76regan I Love microskiff.com!

What's the deal with the Nissan? Interesting choice. Can you tell us about performance? With all the great outboards out there why this one?

8. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the motor? All 30 and under mercs are made by tohatsu as are all Nissan's. It's a solid motor.

9. colin76regan

colin76regan I Love microskiff.com!

Take it easy Tomahack
    I didn't say anything was wrong with the motor. Just wanted a little info from the OWNER.

10. GSSF

GSSF I love my microskiff

Solid boat with a solid motor and trailer. Good luck with the sale, op

11. dpreston59

12. What kind of performance are you getting with the 30hp? Speed...WOT and cruise?
    How's the hole shot?

13. dpreston59

Around 27mph WOT, I usually run around at around 24mph. Aside from the ride, the hole shot is the best thing about this boat. It's unbelievable. Very little bow rise allows you to basically puddle jump in areas that few other boats could. I have a 17.8 and most people assume that the 2 boats do pretty much the same thing. Couldn't be further from the truth. Going to miss this boat when she's gone.

14. mdiaz707@gmail.com

mdiaz707@gmail.com I Love microskiff.com!

Dpreston interesting statement on the Caimen and Whip. When comparing the two what do you think are their biggest pros and cons?

15. dpreston59

Sure Snookin....just my thoughts.....

-17.8 is a more stable fishing platform and I trust it more from a safety perspective in nasty conditions as you can trim the bow higher when needed.
    -Caiman is lighter and a little easier to pole.
    -Both boats track great on the pole and are pretty quiet.
    -Caiman ride is amazing for its small/light footprint. Very dry and soft entry, especially for what it is.
    -17.8 rides ok for a flat bottom lightweight skiff but can be wet and can pound a bit depending on wave period and direction.
    -Storage - depends on year, upgrades/hatch config, fuel tank config, but my 2001 17.8 has a lot more storage than the Caiman
    -Hole shot as I mentioned earlier is the biggest difference between the 2 boats. The Caiman has virtually no bow rise and can hop up in spit.

There is ALOT of overlap between these two boats, but I would say if you are planning on running long distances and/or fishing oceanside especially in the spring, the 17.8 is the boat. But if you plan on spending more time in the deep Glades, Caiman is the way to go.

16. YnR

YnR I Love microskiff.com!

Nice rig. What's the total length while on the trailer? Need to know if it will fit in my garage.

17. dpreston59

It's up in Orlando at East Cape but I'll call them to see if they can measure. But I can tell you that between the sponsons and removable hitch it tucks in pretty good!

18. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

I have a Caimen with the Ramlin removable hitch trailer that measures 18'4". It fits in my 19'6" garage perfectly. Hope that helps

19. dpreston59

The EC guys measured it and it's 18'2'' - thanks!

20. dpreston59