SOLD/EXPIRED 2012 Teak Skull Island SI16

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by evan_ott@yahoo.com, Mar 19, 2015.

1. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

:'(Posting for a friend, his contact info is below.

2012 Skull Island 16 (Teak Skiff)

-30hp Honda tiller with power trim and tilt.
    -Aluminum 12 gallon fuel tank
    -Custom Teak fly line toe rail
    -Custom Teak Cockpit
    -Custom Teak Helm
    -Flush mount Garmin 541 GPS
    -LED lighting under gunnels
    -Custom Aluminum Ameratrail trailer
    -Platform mounted Moonlighter push pole holder
    -Stainless steel rub rail
    -Carbon Marine 36” tiller extension
    -Stainless steel flush mount bow cleat
    -PowerTech Prop
    -20' Carbon Marine Loop push pole

[​IMG]

He's going to send me some new photos this weekend. For now you can see the skiff at http://www.skullislandskiffs.com/pages/photos#swipebox You can contact Steve at (386)2one2-42two4 for any questions. $21,000 Located in NSB, Florida

2. jsnipes

jsnipes Well-Known Member

That teak is pretty dope...any idea how much extra weight that puts in the boat?

3. SLAnderson

SLAnderson I Love microskiff.com!

Thanks for the post spruce.

4. SLAnderson

I'm not sure how much weight is added with the teak. Not to much, it's an absolute guess but I would say 50 pounds or so

5. Finn Maccumhail

Finn Maccumhail I Love microskiff.com!

How's that teak floor in the cockpit as far as getting slippery?

Do you have a non-skid or is it just the wood floor?

6. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Sportfishes use teak for a reason. It's comfortable (more so than nonskid), grips well, doesn't glare, easy on the knees (there's a joke in there somewhere), easy to clean..

7. jsnipes

jsnipes Well-Known Member

Yea

teak deck = amazing feel on your feet, v comfortable, relatively low maintenance

polished teak = very pretty & lots of work to maintain right

I worked on a sportfish boat one summer with a good amount of teak. Got to see both sides!

8. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

Skiff also has 6 shotgun style, under gunnel rod tubes. Makes it supper easy to grab a rods from under the gunnel without having to get off the front deck.

9. Finn Maccumhail

Y
    I guess that's the better question. I'm looking to rebuild an old skiff and want to do old school style with a teak cockpit floor, teak toe rails, teak rod holders, etc and I'd like to keep it that nice tan/brown and polished a bit.

My dad has a sailboat with a lot of natural teak that ages to that nice grayish color but that's not what I want.

I'm doing a lot of research though and it looks like if you keep it oiled it shouldn't fade.

10. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

I've had a few boats with teak: cockpit soles, toe rails, hand rails, cabin doors etc.  Sun and humidity are it's enemies. Your best bet is to keep it natural and un-coated but it requires lots of cleaning, lots of water and the ability to keep sun off it as much as possible.   

Once you start using teak oil or any other sealer, you'll have to remove the product if you want to clean it or re-apply the sealer/oil. 

Sorry for the derail…GLWS!

11. flytyn

flytyn I Love microskiff.com!

It's a beauty. Won't last long.

12. SLAnderson

The teak floor is a small added maintenance. By small I mean an extra 10 mins. There are no raw cuts to absorb moisture as net30 stated. The cockpit is about 3'x8'. the console and toe rail are polyed so no added maintenance there, just keep it out from under the docks!

Go hose off your gel coat net30

13. Backwater

Backwater Fly Fishing Shaman

I personally love the look and feel of natural teak.  It gives the boat a warm rich feeling.  All in all, that's not much teak to speak of and if the boat is stowed in the garage or undercover, that stuff will last for eons.  You guys that are complaining about teak, I get it, but those boats you talk about sit outside on the water and/or in direct sunlight 24/7/365.  So yes, epoxy or farnish will crack, chip and haze over and dry out.  Un-finished teck will dry out and fade.  Big deal, you deal with it and that's the trade-off of having that cool edge on your boat.

For the price of that boat and as little of teak as it has, you can afford to pitch it and install it new every 5 years if you have to.  But keeping it under cover will avoid that so you don't have to and can enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling of it being in the boat and getting those choice compliments as well.   ;)

Also, for you guys that love the look but don't like the maintenance of real teak, have the synthetic teak installed (Nu TEak, Flexiteek and many others). Hose it off, leave it the sun, whatever. Basically brain dead proof and still looks good.

http://www.flexiteek.com/

http://www.tampabayyachtmasters.com/?page_id=7

Nice skiff Spruce, but a lil pricey for a used 16ft tiller skiff.  Just sayin.....    :-?

14. SLAnderson

Thank you backwater.

15. Priced just right if you ask me. Just saying...............

not2shabby likes this.
  16. SLAnderson

Thanks Bay. If you consider what it cost to have one built, I feel like it's a fair price

17. I owned the black Skull Island side console. I always loved the teak skiff.

Skull Island is a fine fishing skiff. Fit and finish is of the finest quality. (yacht quality)

It will sell. luck is not needed.

18. Finn Maccumhail

BTW- sorry if I hijacked the thread with the teak talk. I'd pay $20K for that skiff but I just sold my Gheenoe and am moving to something bigger for the family.

At this point the only way the rib will let me have 2 boats is if I find a project hull and do the restoration myself.

And this boat sent me from 6 to midnight:
    https://vimeo.com/46483878

19. Vining

Vining I Love microskiff.com!

Now that is a sweet skiff.