Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Lenco trim tabs, 2011 model. The glue disintegrated on the back of the control pad rendering it inop. I was told they don’t make replacement switches anymore. Seems ridiculous that no one has a replacement. You have to spend $300 for a whole new system just because a $30 part goes out??? Answers anyone?

Looked on eBay, no joy.

·
Banned
1,441 Posts
Double back tape ? Smidge of 5200 ? Wouldn’t let old glue whoop me . All over ebay for less than $100 , w/o indicator light . My lenco s are early 2000s. No light to start with. Any momentary 12v switch will work. Fellow i flounder gig w has dbl gang house sw for tm power and running lights. Uses 120v drop cord plugs for old school plug &play. Has waterproof receptacle mounted in bow for flounder lites Good luck

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is that the pins have fallen off of the circuit board as well. Soldering them back would be impossible because of all the glue the board has on it.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
The $300 is the new switch pad with integrated control box. Mine did the same thing. I was lucky enough to find a replacement touch pad (no lights, no auto retract). In the process I did map out the wiring diagram for the touch pad, control box and actuators.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
.... and if Overton's has them for $155... You can find them cheaper... and mostly no shipping charges...

A quick check of E-Bay showed over 1000 entries for "lenco switch", from singles all the up through everything they make. I do quite a bit of supplies and needed hardware for my skiff through E-Bay - and have had great results. Since I'm in hard commercial service that includes most of the stuff needed to keep my skiff running properly, the trailer it sits on - as well as most of my fishing supplies - without ever leaving my house...

I recently laid out over 2k for a 24v troller, onboard charger (PowerMania), Battery Tender switch, quick release bracket for that Terrova, etc. all without leaving my house with everything in hand within four days... Like I said - on E-Bay. You have to be careful who you order from but these days finding what you need, checking prices, etc. all super easy....

You might want to remember as well that electronics are constantly being updated by the folks who make them.... Looking for a 2011 switch might not work, but they'll certainly have a currently available switch that will work with older editions of their tabs... I run Bennett tabs and use a control switch they haven't made in many years. Pretty sure I'll have to go with a more modern switch if I need to replace the one I have... Just make sure to make a diagram of the wiring for the existing switch - before you remove it (what color wires go where...). That's info you'll need as you replace it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I recently went through the same and had to upgrade the my lenco switch to new style integrated control switch, priced match at local west marine and paid $130 I believe for the new standard switch(non lighted indicator). I did not like the auto retract feature so I just wired the orange wire to my bus bar for power. I will also note the new style switch with the integrated control board does require a larger hole for mounting to console then my previous model did with the control board separate from the switch.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The LED indicator switches are ridiculous and unnecessary to me. If you have auto retract you know they retract as soon as the key is turned off and you don’t need to know where the tabs are while running in my opinion.
interesting point. I thought they were all auto retract. Not the case? Will check next time I get on the water but interested if you know how to find out.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
interesting point. I thought they were all auto retract. Not the case? Will check next time I get on the water but interested if you know how to find out.
The older systems don’t have auto retract. You’ll know when you turn the ignition off and the tabs don’t automatically retract.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts