SOLD/EXPIRED 2010 Hells Bay 18 Professional

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by MaGuyver, May 15, 2015.

1. MaGuyver

MaGuyver I Love microskiff.com!

Not Mine.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2010-Hells-Bay-18-Professional-102520989

2. ramabama

ramabama Gone Fishing

That is one heck of a trailer

3. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

^^^ ;D

Thinking the same thing..

4. MaGuyver

MaGuyver I Love microskiff.com!

Same here. I just called and there is no trailer. The guy did said he has had several calls asking about the trailer.

5. jonterr

jonterr I Love microskiff.com!

Didnt yuns know?
    HB dont need no trailers!
    Just hook a good log chain to ur hitch n drag it to the ramp!
    That fit n finish is impregnable! :D :D

6. westsidefly

westsidefly I Love microskiff.com!

Anybody else call about this? Obviously you will need to bring your own trailer. I assume the metal plate is for a fighting chair? Has anybody ever seen the HB logo used on the aft section of the skiff like this? Strange…

7. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Man that thing looks clean. I doubt it has much use since it has lifting davits. Probably spent much of its life on the deck of a yacht. The wiring looks a bit jacked up. Somebody other than HB has been in there. Not sure of the concerns on the sticky-seems normal.

8. Lifeaquatic

Lifeaquatic I Love microskiff.com!

A friend of mine looked into this skiff quite hard.  From what he has been able to uncover it sounds like the skiff was a tender on a large yacht and was dropped from the cradle at some point and the hull was seriously damaged.  The skiff was sold as salvage, repaired and the hull was painted by a third part with the intent of reselling it.  Remember, I have not talked to the seller directly and am only relating what my friend has uncovered.  That being said I wanted to make sure to pass on the history so that you know what to look into if you are seriously interested in this skiff.   

9. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

The wiring doesn't look that far off. Just looks like it has been undone from its factory rigging at one point. The skiff does however looks like it has done a lot of sitting out in the sun with no cover on it.

10. leeman_c

leeman_c I Love microskiff.com!

LIfeaquatic,

Would you be able to email or call me regarding the information you have found out. I would like to find out who did the repair work and paint job and get to the bottom of this. When I purchased the boat in June the seller told me nothing about the boat being damaged, salvaged, and repaired. I cannot find any information on this online. I would really appreciate any help...The boat is in great shape and I have ran it for 10 months now and I cannot tell of any damage done to the hull any serious repair done. It has obviously been painted...

11. Lifeaquatic

Lifeaquatic I Love microskiff.com!

Unfortunately, that is all that told to me by my friend.