2009 Etec 60hp help...

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by PLAYIN_HOOKY, Apr 14, 2014.

1. PLAYIN_HOOKY

PLAYIN_HOOKY I Love microskiff.com!

Guys
    Question I have a 2009 BT Osprey thats powered by a 2009 Etec 60hp. Right now on WOT I'm getting with 2 on regular gear 33-34mph. Would changing the prop help me more MPH ? It has the standard SS prop from factory. Thx

2. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

1st thing is what is the rpms you"re seeing at WOT with your current prop and what is the rpm range of your etec. 2nd.. Are you using a 3 blade or 4 blade right now..

The info you give will help in determining if you already have the right setup or if you can gain a few more mom's..

3. You might get 1 to 2 mph max, it's only a 60. Even hells bay which are lighter with the same motor might run 35-36. My buddies Merc 60 Efi on 17.8 pro will run 36-38 but that 60 is a strong 60 hp

4. Reel_Lucky2

Reel_Lucky2 I Love microskiff.com!

I doubt you can gain much on the top end ( especially if u have a tunnel). I don't know what it is about these style of skiffs, but they are slow. You would think a light and narrow boat would be fast, but these are not.

5. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

I have heard that their Viper prop is the way to go to get the best performance.

6. Recidivists

Recidivists Looking towards the weekend!

You're probably running the 3-blade Viper already. Again, what rpm's at WOT? What height is the cav. plate per hull bottom?

7. jacack

jacack I Love microskiff.com!

i had the same boat and motor set up, i tried a few props and had one custom built for it. if your getting 33-34 with two guys you are doing very good. mine with two people and gear wast around 32-33 so i don't think your going to find much more speed than what your getting