SOLD/EXPIRED 2008 HPX-V Fort Myers, FL

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Luke_WL., Mar 5, 2013.

1. Luke_WL.

Luke_WL. I Love microskiff.com!

I just picked this boat up a few weeks ago and absolutely love it but I am looking at getting something a little skinnier floating. The boat rides GREAT and is in amazing shape but I have been fishing a lot more shallow stuff than I expected to. On to it.

The boat is a 2008 I am the second owner. Has a 2008 2-stroke 90 with 106 hours (I got it with 98 hours and my fishing spot is a short run). Just had its 100 hour service. The boat has a Signature series 8ft black power pole, 24v Minn Kota 80lb with quick release. Group 24 AGM batteries and and group 24 AGM starting battery. Pro-Mariner on board charger air bubbler system in the live well and factory trim tabs. The boat is in great condition minus the 1/2" hole drilled in the front deck where the previous owner connected the trolling motor and a pressure dent from the trolling motor rest hitting the deck. There is a very small chip in the gel coat on the underside. It has the mount and transducer/wiring for a garmin 740s but it will not be included.

I will stress, I do not NEED to sell this boat, I am perfectly content keeping it and fishing it but the option always exists lol.

I have a BRAND new Ameritrail trailer on order that I will include for asking price, if not it will come with the current trailer.

I am FIRM at 29,500 with the new trailer. I will do 26,500 with current trailer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jacob_Johnson

Jacob_Johnson Well-Known Member

What are you looking to get? Good luck with the sale!

3. Luke_WL.

17.8 professional I think. Thanks!

4. Jacob_Johnson

Jacob_Johnson Well-Known Member

Sweet!!!! Also look into a HB guide.. A little more comfotable ride, We will definitely have to go fishing sometime soon. My Mitzi doesn't come anywhere close to the fit and finish but gets the job done ;)

5. Luke_WL.

I've looked at the guides. I'm going to wet test a few different hb's in about a week. I fish all the time shoot me a pm we will get together

6. 8loco

8loco Well-Known Member

I got to be honest I fish from FM Beach up to Turtle Bay and that boat is perfectly suited for this area. You should be poling in 8" with the load balanced right and there is not a lot of areas that are gonna call for much shallower in our area, plus you have the added benefit of being able to run in some choppy weather without squeezing your balls out of your sack or getting soaked. To each his own on preference of boat. Just wanted to let you know that boat is a multi purpose tool for the Sound and will come in handy when you get addicted to chaing poons, and it will happen.

7. Luke_WL.

777 I do fish for tarpon (fly only) and 99% of my fishing is on fly so it is all sight fishing (this wind hasn't been helping!). I have been getting stuck in a few of my regular spots chasing reds recently where it's been too soft to get out and wade. I love the boats ride, just not quite skinny enough. I've measured where I hit. With two people and a half tank I hit at 9 and stop at 8"

8. acraft1720

acraft1720 I Love microskiff.com!

There's a whipray on thehulltruth.com for sale looks nice.

9. Luke_WL.

Headed up to hells bay this weekend to wet test. I'd like to be able to put in the order while I'm there!

10. tomsantilli

tomsantilli I Love microskiff.com!

Thanks for the "real world" draft feedback on your boat! Would love to hear what you find out about the HBs. Also, if you have any other 'real world' data about other brands - feel free to share!!!

11. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

I couldn't imagine myself selling that boat (especially the engine), but if I just had to get skinny I would consider the Beavertail Strike 17.

12. Luke_WL.

Bump. Boat has been fishing great! I'm just stubborn and want the change lol. Ill go to 28,500 with new trailer. Just put fresh batteries in.

13. tunnelflat

tunnelflat Well-Known Member

Would you be interested in trading for a 2011 HPX micro with a 40 yami and 118 hours? Trailer is an Ameritrail under a year old and fully rigged out to dry load. This boat will def get you in the skinny, I'm the opposite of you I find myself tarpon fishing a lot more than sitting in the skinny stuff. Give me a call if interested boat is in Vero beach, FL currently. 773-643-3355.

14. Luke_WL.

No, looking to sell. (Unless you are the guy with the BT3 a few add's down...)

15. Luke_WL.

Heading up to Hells Bay this week to wet test and check out a few boats in the area... 28,000. Lets get it going guys!

16. Luke_WL.

I am bringing the boat to get the small hole/pressure dent and gelcoat chip fixed once I get back from Colorado next friday. Price will 100% firm once the boat is back and it will have zero issues.