SOLD/EXPIRED 2008 Hewes Tailfisher

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by ajsaunders, May 17, 2013.

1. ajsaunders

ajsaunders I Love microskiff.com!

2008 Hewes Tailfisher with Aluminum Trailer.  Near Mint Condition - forced to sell as we are moving to the desert.  It has 52 hours total on the engine, a Stiffy Push Pole, cover, power pole, GPS with mapping of the gulf, 55 lb thrust Minn Kota, and a 60 Yamaha.  Stored in covered/secure storage.  This is an awesome boat - it drafts 7" of water and will run on nothing with the tunnel hull (I am going to guess 3").  It has been taken out of storage probably 10 times and ran on some great fishing trips.  All maintenance performed religiously by Yamaha outboard dealer.  I will work on some pictures over the weekend.  I am asking $18k - just under $25k retail.  Located in Baton Rouge, LA.  Perfect for the marsh in New Orleans or the backcountry in Florida.  It will run about a day and a half on the 18 gallon tank.  I just had the trailer bearings replaced and it is ready for site casting!

2. ajsaunders

Sold

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016

3. ajsaunders

http://www.mbcboats.com/omanuals/17TR.pdf - owners manual

4. ajsaunders

Here is a write up on it.

The manufacturer of Maverick and Hewes flats and backcountry skiffs and Pathfinder bay and offshore boats is introducing a new technical poling skiff into its lineup for 2005. Designed with extreme shallow-water fishing capabilities, the Tailfisher 17 Tunnel Hull delivers Hewes quality at a remarkable price.

Specifications

LOA: 17'2"
    BEAM: 73"
    DRAFT: 7"
    WEIGHT: 750 pounds
    FUEL: 18 gallons
    POWER: 60-hp Yamaha

Hewes Maverick Boat
    Company, Inc.
    3207 Industrial 29th St.
    Fort Pierce, FL 34946
    772-465-0631
    www.maverickboats.com

The Tailfisher measures just over 17 feet long, has a beam of more than 6 feet and drafts 7 inches of water, making it the shallowest-running Hewes ever built. Hewes' latest tunnel hull configuration technology aids its ability to get into skinny water. Unlike most of its boats, which are made using the VARIS vacuum system, the Tailfisher is actually laid-up and built entirely by hand.

While the hull rates for outboards up to 70 hp, the boat will top out at over 40 mph and will cruise at 30 mph with the standard 60-hp Yamaha. The Tailfisher has an overall hull weight of 750 pounds, and with the smaller engine it will easily run long distances into the backcountry on the 18-gallon fuel tank. Its weight and low deadrise allow it to pole and track smoothly.

The simple deck layout maximizes fishing areas while taking full advantage of all available free space below it. The forward storage locker will easily accommodate oversize gear, an anchor and safety equipment. Two aft compartments provide more storage, as well as access to wiring and steering components. Between them is a 12-gallon raw-water livewell with a recirculating pump. Additional space is available in the steering console.

The Tailfisher 17 offers extra-wide gunwales with built-in stainless-steel handrails. Like all Hewes boats, it features a self-bailing cockpit, but this model also comes standard with freeboard carpet, a seat console with enough storage for batteries, undergunwale rod storage for up to eight fly rods, and a poling platform.

5. ajsaunders

I was told by a Hewes company rep that the Tailfishers were discontinued because Hewes was hand building them and not making the margins on them that they were on there other production boats.  This boat is an amazing boat for the money.

Livewell.
    Poling Platform.
    Tons of storage.
    Rod Storage.
    Center Council.
    Hewes 10 year transferable warranty on the hull.
    Runs like a champ and very fuel efficient.

6. ajsaunders

Sold

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  7. ajsaunders

Someone just asked if everything "works" on the boat.  Yes everything is in excellent condition and works great.  The boat has been maintained by experts.  Everything on the boat has been installed by professionals to manufacturers specifications. 

It is the Yamaha 4 stroke 2008 engine.

8. ajsaunders

Asking price is $18,000 or best offer. Make me a decent offer - I need to move it.

9. ajsaunders

Comes with factory installed trim tabs.

10. ajsaunders

Ok - I give up.  I cannot figure out how to get pics posted on here.  Anyone have a link to a cheat sheet or quick directions?

11. ajsaunders

Stiffy Hybrid push pole - it is either a 21 or 24'.  I will update.

http://stiffypushpoles.com/stiffy-one-piece-push-poles/hybrid-pole

12. ajsaunders

13. ajsaunders

More details

Garmin GPS MAP 172C color chartplotter with Blue chart Data Card for the Mobile -  Lake Charles area. 

Yamaha - F60 engine - 52 hours

Minn Kota Riptide 55 - bow mount hand control salt water motor.  Boat includes extra battery in center counsel - professionally installed

Power Pole - Shallow Water Anchor - professional series - Pro 4 - 4 foot anchor.  Professionally installed.

Pictures available upon request. 

14. ajsaunders

12 gallon raw water livewell with interior circulation pump and pump to exterior water source.

gasketed and guttered storage compartments and lockers. All storage areas are rounded with foam to provide insulation and to increase longevity.

Under Gunwale rod storage.

Large dry storage compartment in front of boat. Flush mount bow cleat on front of boat. The seated console as has storage. 2 large storage compartments are located on the rear of the boat.

includes a factory installed water separator.

18 gallon fuel system.

12x12 inch lenco electric trim tabs. These really help stabilize the boat and can lift the windward side of the boat to avoid spray.

Includes an automatic bilge pump.

Comes with all the original paperwork for not only the boat, but for all the accessories.

15. ajsaunders

Boat will run in the low 40's, but cruises right at 30 for optimal fuel efficiency.

16. ajsaunders

I have clear title on the boat/trailer/engine so this can be a quick deal for a lucky purchaser!

17. ajsaunders

The picture on the owners manual shows the older poling platform. This boat has the newer model. Once again, send me an e-mail for pics!
    Thanks again,
    Andy

18. ajsaunders

No oyster scratches - this boat is near mint.