Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting my 2008 Gordon Boatworks Ambush up for sale. I am the second owner and have fished it for the last 9 years, primarily on the Texas middle coast. I understand that this is the same hull design that Hells Bay now produces as their Glades Skiff. I am selling it to move over to a family-friendly boat with more passenger room. 18' Length, 30hp max rating. It's on a 2008 aluminum Ram-Lin dray launch trailer. Hubs have never been dunked in saltwater. I have had a few different outboards on it over the years, so I had a fiberglass shop touch up the transom to provide a clean slate for the new owner. This boat has been fished plenty, but always washed down after a trip and garage-stored. The hull has some oyster scuffing on the bottom.

A few of the extra details:
Two control stations for trim tabs and tilt/trim or jackplate. One in the cockpit on rear bulkhead and one under the poling platform.
Lenco trim tabs
Ice Blue SeaDek on the poling platform and reel pads
Aft-facing rod racks (three on each side)
V-Marine aluminum push pole clips (no push pole included)
Rigged for a 24-v trolling motor (no TM included)
Swing tongue on the trailer for garage storage
LED lights, including under gunnel cockpit lights
Custom push pole holder on poling platform
Personal best Sticker Farm included

Located in New Braunfels, Texas
Asking $19,500

You can text me at 83o six six o 6089 or email at davidyeates00 at gmail

·
Registered
96 Posts
bump for the quietest shallowest draft easiest to pole skiff ever made.
I had an original Glades skiff from HB and then while away from the HB family Tom Gordon came up with the Ambush design that had a small amount of rocker built into the design, enabling the bow to rise providing a better drier and faster ride than the original Glades skiff, so when Tom rejoined the HB group, this hull is the new HB Glades skiff.
I owned this hull originally, and she is just wonderful, originally powered with a 25 2 stroke mercury it had a draft of around three inches with two 200 pound anglers aboard and easily hit 30 mph. I averaged 10 miles a gallon with the two stroke mercury motor, usually running at 3/4 throttle. Tom built the boat for me in guide green which is easy on the eyes and has minimal reflective surfaces.
Things changed financially for me, otherwise I would be happy to re-purchase this boat. I had fished with a club in South Florida and set the boat up with a center coffin box, which was available for the guest angler's gear for the day; my permanent gear was stored in the bow or stern locker creating perfect weight distribution for the boat, minimizing draft and running angle, also putting the weight of the angler amidships. The custom trailer allowed dry launching and retrieval in just a few minutes without dunking the axle, another plus at the ramp. The skiff was garage stored the entire time I had her and the gel coat was perfect when I sold her to the current owner, and as he claims indoor storage as well, she should be just as nice as in the pictures provided. The seadeck is a new addition since she left me, as are the decals under the hatch covers, but they look fun. This was the lightest Ambush Tom ever made, while still being a robust layup. Best boat ever for shallow water fishing.
GLWS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
redsonfly - I've taken good care of her for you! Fishy boat.
Fly Junkie - yes, I still have the boat. Garage stored.

·
Registered
888 Posts
There's a 2-stroke yamaha 25 in the classifieds that would go really nicely on this Ambush!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1 Posts
What’s the difference between the Gordon built ambush and the ones being built by HB now? Any change in performance between the two?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To my knowledge, the mold is exactly the same. There are sure to be opinions on finish, weight of lay-up, rigging, etc. I'm not about to step into that food fight. This specific boat is a light layup and cleanly rigged.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Stevie is close by the boat. Texas close which I learned can be a long way. That would be a perfect combo. That’s what Tom Gordon ran on his Ambush.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts