SOLD/EXPIRED 2008 Gordon Boatworks Ambush

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by teamhellbent, Aug 7, 2008.

1. teamhellbent

teamhellbent Well-Known Member

$18,500 o.b.o.

This boat is almost brand new. It has only been in the water four times. It's 17'8" in length. It has a side console(no tiller), Micro-jack jack plate, coffin box, used 1996 25hp Johnson, and Lenco trim tabs. Fwd and Aft rod tubes. Used Galvanized trailer. The motor still needs to be propped correctly. This boat is pre-wired for electronics. There's a 12 volt outlet and air bubbler install. I will sell the boat with or without the motor. I can also install your motor onto the boat for you(for a small fee of course). To buy this boat brand new you would have to spend $22,950. If you have any questions about the boat, please feel free to email me, teamhellbent@aol.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Re: Gordon Boatworks Ambush

Fixed the pics for you ;)

3. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

How much sans motor... and is it rated for a 40hp?

4. teamhellbent

What is a sans? And it is rated for up to a 30 hp.

5. iMacattack

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sans

6. teamhellbent

Well, thank you for the definition. And $17,500 without motor.

7. iMacattack

LOL ;)

Good luck with the sale! Have you been able to secure employment?

8. teamhellbent

You know that most of you guys would like to own a either a HB glades skiff or a GB ambush. Now you have the chance to own one of them at a fraction of the price. Yes I am asking 18,500 o.b.o.. I am willing to take reasonable offers, hence the O.B.O.. Come on guys talk to your friends, family and co-workers. Just think, if you can talk your father in law or someone else into buying this boat you can fish it for almost free(less tackle, beer and vienna sausages). You know you want to. This is a great deal on one heck of a skiff.

9. iMacattack

Your 5 months too early for me... I hope you can sell it quickly!

Cheers
    Capt. Jan

10. teamhellbent

I just realized that I don't have the year of the boat on the add. I wasn't sure if that would hurt or not. And did I mention that I was the rigging shop foreman at. GB It is an '08 and from what I can remember there are only 5 or 6 of these boats out there. 3 are in Texas. HB now has the mold and from what I heard they are going to shelf them because they want to promote the glades skiff, which is a little heavier with the liner. I think that I might even put it on e-bay.

11. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

I added the year to the top post.

If I was in the market I would jump all over this thing. Its only a matter of time before a well funded buyer comes along.

12. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

ditto, although it runs a tad against my minimalist propensities, I would love to own this thing too. I guess I could put a 20hp 4-stroke tiller on it and remove the helm steering to "rough" it up a bit. :)

This is probably somewhat of an intangible too, especially with Gordon's impeccable quality, but generally "employee" boats tend to get a little extra attention to detail, so I'd bet this thing is a cream puff amongst cream puffs. :)

Someone will get a very good deal here for sure, good luck with the sale. - eric

13. captnron

captnron Guest

X(what number are we up to?)

It's definitely priced where it should be IMHO. Course we know I'm a little partial to these things. ;)

14. EATME

EATME Guest

When did you add the box?

15. teamhellbent

Or you could rough it up with some fish blood or footprints.

I installed the coffin box about a week after I finished building it. I just thought that since I had it I should go ahead and install it. Plus it would bring the value up.

X=no real offers yet

16. iMacattack

I wish I could talk $$$ with you. But after I sold my Pathy T I put the proceeds in a 6 month CD. This forces me to be patient and look. Plus I'm having too much fun using one of the last 16 Watermans you built for my buddy Pat.

Based on that boat I would snap this boat up instantly!

I selfishly hope it's still available in 5 months when the CD is free, but realistically I hope you can get her sold soon.

Cheers
    Capt. Jan

17. teamhellbent

I just wanted to thank everybody for all of their positive feedback.

18. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

I could call the bank and come get it tomorrow morning, but I'd need to find a divorce lawyer on my way back to the house. :)

Jason, you got any family law experience yet? :-?

19. teamhellbent

Sounds like a win win situation to me. When do you want to pick it up ? :)

20. iMacattack

Just call me Eric, wife is senior paralegal and office manager for a family law firm... ;D