SOLD/EXPIRED 2008 Glade Skiff For Trade

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by shallow_texan, Jul 14, 2009.

1. shallow_texan

shallow_texan Well-Known Member

Guys - I live in Texas and I suffered a Severe Brain Injury during Hurricane Ike last fall, it was something that came very close to taking my life and it has been a slow recovery for me these last 10 months. I have been blessed to own a 2008 HB Glade Skiff that I really enjoy but due to my physical injury I have been thinking about trading for a wider skiff. Is there anyone out there that has a 72" or wider skiff that is 17' or 18' long and it is in great condition that would consider trading for a mint condition 2008 Glade Skiff? My Glade Skiff has a Honda 20Hp outboard with a aluminum ramlin trailer, LED lighting, toe rails. I really enjoy my Glade Skiff and if it wasn't for my serious injury I wouldn't consider trading it, I'm just trying to deal with my injury and still continue to get on the water. I have also posted this on Florida Sportsman. Thank you for your kind responses.

2. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

wow. first off, sorry for your injury. my father suffered a severe brain injury almost 20 years ago, and he is still...well messed up.

second, your gladeskiff will be about as good a boat as you can find with out finding your self unhappy with more draft, and less "pazow". Although I understand your perdicament (sp?) i sure hate to see a man lose such a great boat. I wish you the best, and If i have learned anything from dad it would be to never give up.

good luck bro, i hope you can find what you are looking for and spend many more happy years on the water. please be sure to post up your catches as I am sure you will have many to share.

~curtis

3. bmh34

bmh34 I Love microskiff.com!

PM has been sent.

4. shallow_texan

shallow_texan Well-Known Member

Costefishnt, thank you for your reply. Recovering from my injury is the hardest thing I have ever gone through....your father has my prayers. I have worked very hard to get back to a life I once knew but it has been many, many hours of frustration and hard work. This is a injury that lives with you 24 hours a day....and effects everything you do. Thank you for your reply and my prayers are with your father. Thanks.