SOLD/EXPIRED 2007 Beavertail B2

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Mfeldman, May 29, 2015.

1. Mfeldman

Mfeldman I Love microskiff.com!

As some of you may know I looked high and low for well over a year to find this model in good condition but life has suddenly changed my plans. I have only owned this boat for 3 months and have only been able to use it 3-4 times, purchased a new Power-pole micro, bearings, service, and TM battery.

2007 Beavertail B-2. 2007 Evinrude E-TEC 50HP with approximately 216 hours, just serviced. Bow Casting platform with sea dek, New 55lb Minn Kota I-Pilot Trolling motor, Brand new (still in box) Power Pole Micro, 23 Ft Stiffy Hybrid Push pole, Lowrance HDS 5 Gen II with Sonic Hub, New Batteries with 2 Minn Kota On-board Chargers. 2007 Blue Rock Aluminum trailer with Brand new Aluminum Rims, Tires, and Bearings. Grey Sea-Dek in cockpit, poling platform, casting platform, and under gunnel. Everything works as it should and is in great working order.

Pictures are from previous owner, I will work on getting current photos in the next day or so. Thanks[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Orivera

Orivera I Love microskiff.com!

3. Mfeldman

Sorry guys, the boat is 18k, located in Pensacola Fl, and you can reach me at 850-377-4397.
    Thanks!

4. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

Great boat - someone will be getting a fun skiff to fish out of. Absolutely love mine. GLWS. This is priced right.

5. Mfeldman

Boat comes with a 3 blade and 4 blade prop. Runs 34mph with the 3 blade I currently have installed and around 30-31mph with the 4 blade.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. LLeone

LLeone I Love microskiff.com!

Gorgeous! Dammit, I love these skiffs.
    Sorry you have to let it go. But, GLWS.

7. ADicus

ADicus I Love microskiff.com!

Whats the live well situation on these boats? Ive never been on a B2 but fished on the BTV a bunch.

8. LLeone

The one I had all my experience with had a bait well with aerator in the port hatch under the seat cushion and release wells in the sponsons.
    Not sure if they were all setup the same.

9. GCC

GCC I Love microskiff.com!

Very interested in the boat. What size fuel tank?

10. coconutgroves

Mark D - my 2006 has a 15 gallon tank, I believe the 2007 is the same. I get around 6.5 nautical miles per gallon with my E-Tec 60, so my range is about 90 nm on a full tank. On super long runs, I do carry 3 gallons extra just in case. There are days where I hit 90 nm to 100 nm.

On my 06, one of the seat hatches is a live well. I use it for storage, but it is rigged as a circulating well. It is good size, I just primarily fly fish and choose to stow gear in it. I have a fish bag in the bow in case I keep any.

Great boat - I would buy again without hesitation.

11. GCC

GCC I Love microskiff.com!

Thank you. If I can get in touch with the seller, Id like to go look at it this weekend. Ive called but no answer.

12. Mfeldman

Sorry guys, I have been flooded with calls, texts, and emails. The boat is currently getting a survey, deposit taken, and it should be heading to its new home when I get back in town after this weekend. Will let you all know if the deal falls through.

13. LLeone

Sounds about right. These boats are awesome and don't come up often.

14. Mfeldman

I wanted to update you all with the current situation of the boat and will try to not be long winded but please call with any questions as I will answer anything.

I had a buyer in Orlando that stated he wanted the boat dependent on survey and inspection. The boat was dropped off at a local Evinrude dealer/mechanic (Wills Marine) for survey/sea-trial/diagnostics and upon drop off everything was in 100% working order as it had just been serviced by my mechanic a month ago. Wills Marine recommended the boat and said that it just needed a few things; new battery, fuel pump was starting to leak, and trim tab switch needed to be replaced as the starboard switch would function going up but not down. They said the boat ran great, motor checked out well, and the hull was solid and wouldn't hesitate to purchase the boat.

We had an issue on pickup, the GPS was sitting in the bilge, boat was dirty, the wiring going to battery looked like a birds nest and many wires where not even connected, the boat had zero power, and the shop cut battery terminals and replaced primer bulb without my consent. I was extremely upset and we both voiced our frustration to the mechanic. I was in a time crunch as they had the boat a day longer than expected(due to bad weather) and was leaving for NC for 5 days. Before I left I soldered a new connection to the battery and everything other then trim tab switch was working perfectly. Again, the shop said the actual battery was bad but this was not the case. Potential buyer said all was fine and he would be in Pensacola on Monday at 7am.

Buyer shows up today and starts his inspection, we go over everything and towards the end the Jack-plate solenoid starts clicking when going up. I look up the price ($79.99) and immediately tell him I will drop the price $200 dollars for his troubles but that had never happened before. He then looks at the Trolling Motor, I stated it was the I-pilot in the ad(I copied the ad from previous owner when I bought the boat) and the TM does not have the spot lock feature and instead is the Co-Pilot, this is my fault and I accept the error of my communication. He obviously wanted me to drop the price significantly at this point, but I would not and he departed back to Orlando.

I feel absolutely terrible for the outcome and know how much it sucks to travel for a boat only to leave empty handed. I know the buyer is driving home extremely frustrated because so many things happened but I understand why he walked away. I do not like pointing fingers and will welcome any survey, but will request that you at least find someone reputable as this all started with a survey gone wrong from a shop that doesn't advertise as a surveying business. My standpoint is, I will fix the trim tab switch, jack-plate solenoid, and detail the boat back and sell it again for my asking price. I could not lower the price of the boat because of the TM mainly because I searched for so long for this boat and know that I could get close to my asking price without TM, GPS, Push-Pole, and Power-pole because I have seen them sell for it just recently. This is a great boat with a ton of extras, I feel that if the issue with the shop didn't occur he would be driving home smiling ear to ear with a new boat.

I want to be upfront with anyone as this is definitely a black eye for my reputation as a seller so please if you have any questions about what happened do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you all,
    Matthew Feldman
    850-377-4397

15. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

Your price is not high at all. Fix the minor stuff that needs to be fixed and sell it. It is a great skiff that doesn't come up for sale very often.

16. gheenoelotide

gheenoelotide I Love microskiff.com!

ur price is more than fair..sweet little boat

17. LLeone

Agreed. I think your price is more than fair, considering the limited availability of these skiffs.
    So some things went wrong. It happens. It is a boat, after all.
    I'm certain it will sell at asking price. Good luck.

18. coconutgroves

It wasn't the right buyer - if he could not look past a few small things, then probably not the right guy to buy it from you.

Your boat is a 2007, being a buyer I would think of the items that probably need replacing due to age.  Jackplate solenoids would be on my list if they weren't recently replaced.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it - you want someone buying it that realizes what they are getting, even if takes a little elbow grease and extra coin to make it right.

19. Mfeldman

Thanks guys!

I got a chance to fish this morning and everything ran great, had no issue with the jackplate but still plan to replace solenoid when my mechanic opens up. I will be out of the country for a few weeks but anyone interested please shoot me an email at Mfeldman21@hotmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

20. flytyn

flytyn I Love microskiff.com!

I would never drop my skiff off at some shop I don't know for some potential idiots to go through it. Nope not happening.