SOLD/EXPIRED 2006 Waterman 18 (not mine)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by MariettaMike, Sep 12, 2014.

1. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

http://treasure.craigslist.org/boa/4664242116.html

2. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

looks like the same boat was posted again with pics

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/4673017122.html

3. jmrodandgun

jmrodandgun Well-Known Member

legitimate question, is that price in line with what these boats typically sell for?

4. TidewateR

TidewateR will pole for food

my buddy as a gordon and paid maybe 27k brand new

5. flytyn

flytyn I Love microskiff.com!

Really?  When was that 1950?  I call BS on that. It wasn't an 18 waterman.

6. jmrodandgun

jmrodandgun Well-Known Member

Thanks dude. That's what I thought. I'm casually looking for a bare bones 16 tiller and I keep seeing these 18's pop up. They seem to be priced everywhere from $22k on up to over $35k. It's hard to tell what they actually sell for sometimes. I guess if you were every going to make the argument that a boat was a good investment....

7. flatsmaster22

flatsmaster22 Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine bought a fully loaded waterman 18 demo boat from Tom for 28k so I'd say 27k is possible depending on options. Their worth more now than ever so good for the guys who bought them and hung onto them. The prices were way lower when Tom was building them. I bought a 2000 Whipray that was completely redone (new gel coat, non-skid, console, and rigging) with a brand new motor and trailer from Tom for 15k. Good luck finding one for that now.

8. Yep, Gordon was building them for 25-30k range brand new depending on options.

I ended up with an ambush, but originally I had a 18 on order with quite a few optiona sn a tunnel and my quoted price was only about 27-28k in 2006.

9. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ** Click on the picture for a larger view **

Take a look at the 2006 Gordon Brochure and pricing for the 16' Waterman..  The prices are for the bare bones skiff without options.  I'm sure the 18' Waterman would be higher than the 16'..

A Gordon 16' tiller was around $17,500 when they 1st hit the market in 2005, but the price jumped significantly in 2006. 

With new Waterman 18's starting around 40k stripped down, a clean, well equipped used Wateman wil usuallyl bring  65% - 75% of this price.

A year ago, you could buy a Wateman / Pro 18 for 20K to 25K, but the market seems to be pricing them in the 25K to 30K range today.

The ones that are priced right sell in a matter of days.  The higher priced Waterman / Pros ( 30k + ) seem to sit a little longer on the market.

10. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1297970769

That solves that problem.

Believe it or not rigged with no motor the 16' & 18' were the same price.

11. flytyn

So the way the skiff in this thread is setup it would have cost over 35k out the door not 27k. You have to compare apples to apples.  You want it pay up. You don't oh well.

12. hookemdano

hookemdano Well-Known Member

In 2008 it would have cost 35k. But not in 2006.  But the seller is able to ask whatever he wants for it.

13. flytyn

I can only give you my experience. I just sold an 09 Caimen. Great skiff. Bought an 03 Whipray. Care to guess which skiff rides more solid and is built more solid?  The Whip. Was it 40k?No.  If you have patience you might find one for less. But look all these skiffs are going up in price. My used Caimen brought 3k more than I paid for it in 09. In my opinion the Whip is worth more just on the solid of the build over my Caimen.  As far as coming together to put all these boat companies in check. A ridiculous statement coming from someone who probably never owned his own business. It's called the free market.

14. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

I used to share your same sentiment until I actually learned about what it takes to build a skiff. Sure, you are correct in the aspect that most of the materials used are very much the same throughout the market. However, the manor in which those materials are put together and attention to detail is what makes a skiff. I can assure you that after owning 4 of the top brands of skiffs in the past few years, they are not all the same. I will let you guess which brand I own.

15. flytyn

Silver king appears to have a penchant for gross generalizations. First we have to all band together and clamp down on what a boat builder can charge for their product because he thinks it costs too much.  Now those who have a  HB are googans. When all else fails he resorts to ad hominem attack. Okay let's see what logic he comes up with next.  ::)

16. flytyn

LOL.  Silverking proves my point.  More ad hominem attacks, straw man arguments and no logic.  Thank you for proving my point.  ::)

17. Poon4u

Poon4u I Love microskiff.com!

Ha you're funny. You obviously did not read one of my published articles. I'm all ears as to what you would like me to write to help you understand how a free market along with capitalism really works. along with the pros and cons of it. Let's see if you could add insight and contribute an intelligent design instead of berating people.

18. hferrell87

hferrell87 Well-Known Member

Silverkingstalker, no one on this microskiff forum wants to hear you talk about what happened with the economy/market. Take that trash to the off topic section. Please stop tooting your own horn about having stuff published, as if that makes you credible.
    Why don't you publish a piece about trolling the internet, or maybe... go fishing.

19. flytyn

Couldn't agree more. I don't think HB or ECC or the others would give a damn about what he thinks about their prices. ;D

20. Poon4u

Poon4u I Love microskiff.com!

Intelligent design is out the door. Enjoy the central Florida trailer park...  Enjoy your overpriced skiffs wobblers... I am going fishing. I'm proud to be published and respected by my peers. try doing something meaningful with your life you'd feel the same way.  I'm sure they do care as I write reviews for a few of them. That the beauty of anonymity!!