2005 Man-O-War Skiff

Discussion in 'Boating, Fishing and Marine Products for Sale' started by scout177, Sep 1, 2017.

1. scout177

scout177 I Love microskiff.com!

Sold. 2005 Man-O-War carbon/kevlar vacuum infused. 90 Yamaha two stroke with 248 hours, 5.5" draft 20170827_115311.jpg

20170827_115230.jpg

20170827_121852.jpg 20170827_122020.jpg 20170827_122214.jpg 20170827_122651.jpg 20170827_123156.jpg

excellent condition, garage kept

Specs/Options:

• 3 Odyssey Batteries - new
    • Jackplate
    • Power-Pole 6' signature model - new
    • Simrad NSS9 EVO 2 chartplotter/fishfinder - new
    • Custom aluminum rodholders
    • Custom courtesy lights under platform/gunnel
    • Front casting platform
    • 60 quart Yeti Fiberglass cooler
    • New stainless mercury spitfire prop-new
    • Ramlin aluminum trailer, Dry launch, new wheels, tires, stainless airtight hubs, F2 jack, stainless boat buckles, swing tongue- exc cond.
    • 2 baitwells - manifold system
    • New VHF radio
    • 21' Stiffy guide series pushpole
    • 70lb minn kota co-pilot trolling motor - hardly used
    • Recently performed all maintenance on engine, new fuel pump, carbs rebuilt, thermostat etc
    • 125psi compression on all cylinders - runs great
    Must see. Very rare boat - one of 8 built. $28,000 or best offer, Sold

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017 at 4:46 PM
  2. locodrivr8

locodrivr8 Well-Known Member

Please, please, please let me win the lottery tonight!...lol..great looking boat! GLWS!!..

3. Tankhead

Tankhead Well-Known Member

Beautiful skiff

4. Zika

Zika I Love microskiff.com!

Gorgeous skiff. GLWS, but it shouldn't last long.

5. jakesterolemiss

jakesterolemiss I Love microskiff.com!

I can vouch for this boat - I own one of the other 8. The fit and finish is beyond any other skiff I've ever been on. Extremely light and poles well. 90 2-stroke can't be beat. GLWS!

Fritz likes this.
  6. Bonecracker

Bonecracker Well-Known Member

Very, very nice skiff Scott177!:)
    I am interested in the history of the manufacturing of these skiffs since only 8 were made! Can you help??

7. scout177

Sure thing Bonecracker. A gentleman by the name of Raul Mas was the owner of Manowar boat works. Raul was also the owner of Egret boats at one point in time and quality is known to be top notch. I actually owned a 1997 16'Egret carbon/kevlar model and it was an awesome boat but not finished near as nicely as this Manowar. It is my understanding he was also the owner of Cuda Craft prior to Egret, a well respected boat builder that was one of the first to use vacuum bag type of construction.

When Egret closed shop he formed Manowar and used a lot of the same methods of construction that Egret boats are built with. I think the marketing of the boat lacked and led to the company's demise. This Manowar boat is actually finished a lot better than the Egret and Hells Bay boats that I have owned in the past. I haven't had one spider crack on either Manowar or Egret boats.

Some of the fit and finish details this boat has that most others do not include:

-Fully finished molded interior compartments and underside of hatches.
    -Hinge screws are machined and tapped into thicker fiberglass
    -Radius undersides of deck at gunnels
    -Very fine non-skid texture on deck for ease of cleaning
    -Trolling motor shelf is fully custom finished molded gelcoat part with tapped bolts into thickened area.
    -Rod holders are finished molded parts custom to this boat
    - Console has dropped bottom and finished toekick area, upper shelf inside console with an Odyssey PC1100 mounted to underside of the shelf in a custom aluminum enclosure. A separate on-boat minn kota MK1 PC charger for this battery. This battery only weighs 35lbs. The two larger Odyssey batteries for the trolling motor can be removed if not needed for reduced weight.
    -Bilge area is closed off and area surrounding it is a finished molded compartment to keep electrical items from salt air. Very accessible.
    -Battery charger is mounted inverted with machine screws tapped into underside of deck in front compartment
    -Molded gelcoat poling platform
    -Baitwells have 1.5" direct drain holes through bottom of boat for ease of cleaning/flushing. Both baitwells are fully recirculating through the use of the valve assembly.
    -Custom aluminum rigging tube plate at rear deck for engine/steering cables - really clean and water tight.
    -All hatch locks are the slam type and are waterproof with a special gasket.
    -Hatch drain channels are sloped to a finished stainless drain plate.
    -Rear facing rod tubes for capacity.

Any skiff enthusiast that has owned a hell's bay or similar product and sees this boat will recognize the quality. The lines are this boat are a lot more flowing and softer than a typical hells bay or other similar skiff - no huge unsightly spray rails.

The first person to come look at this skiff will probably buy it. This is a very stable skiff similar to HB Guide and would be a good guide boat. I have been tied up with the storm events and haven't been responding or pushing to sell. Ready to go now.

Also attached a link or file for brochure from the mfr:

Attached Files:

Fritz likes this.
  8. MSG

MSG I Love microskiff.com!

I believe the molds for this hull were sold to Gause Boats after Man O War closed. Look at the Gause 17 - it is the same hull - not bad company to be in.

9. scout177

Sold, headed to the low country. Thanks Microskiffers

Fritz, not2shabby and FSUDrew99 like this.