Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

2005 Gordon Waterman 18

16K views 61 replies 32 participants last post by  CaptNopes 
#1 · (Edited)
New to me Gordon Waterman 18 owner here. I wanted to show off my new sled and start a thread so I can put all my mod/upgrades in one place and keep everything orderly.

The boat is 2005 Gordon Waterman 18 and is hull #8 built under Toms guidance.
Yamaha 70TLR 2-smoke

Mods so far:
  • Vmarine suicide knob cap.
  • trailer rewire.
  • paracord wrapped steering wheel.
  • 4-color Scandvik under gunnel lights. These are sweet. Goes to a single throw switch and will alternate colors each time you flip the switch.
  • added aluminum tab on poling platform for puck style anchor light.
  • moved GPS over on blue point customs console tray extension and added the most important upgrade... SS cupholder for cold ones.
  • New bolt on bench and backrest cushions on the way from New Moon Upholstery.

Planned upgrades:

Will be taking this boat to Tom at the Skiff Shop and having the non skid and slicks redone in a new color. Tossing around the idea of having the side hatches being reconfigured to open front to back instead of inside to outside for ease of access while the boats on the trailer as well as having the rear bulkhead glassed flush where the live well is between the benches. Longer term plans is to have the metal pieces powder coated black.

This Chittum is the color scheme I'm leaning towards. Classic but modern as the same time 😎

See less See more
#50 · (Edited)
Well some solutions end up creating new problems... after getting the platform coated I could no longer use clamp on rod holders or would risk marring the coating. After some thinking on a way to quickly be able to mount rod holders when bait fishing (I know...) and be able to remove for the clean look and less tangles if ever fly fishing from the poling platform, I decided to use the existing sissy bar shotgun tubes to design a rod rack around. Many thanks to @Tigweld who made the idea come to life and I couldn't be more stoked on the level of metal fab craftsmanship he delivered! Marc nailed exactly was I was envisioning, perfect fitment and design clearing the power pole and anchor light as well. Big smart/dumb silver fish here we come.

Sky Plant Tree Landscape Vehicle
Plant Leaf Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle

#58 ·
Skiff was dropped off yesterday at the motherland for a refurb, switching up some colors as well while down there. Got to see some sweet boats getting finished and even a secret project HB looks to be moving forward with. I'll try to keep pic updates coming as they come to me.

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.