SOLD/EXPIRED 2005 eastcape gladesmen REDUCED

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by austin_gross18, May 3, 2015.

1. austin_gross18

austin_gross18 I Love microskiff.com!

-2005 eastcape gladesmen
    -2012 mercury four stroke 20hp under warrenty until 2017
    -2005 ramlin trailer
    -50 thrust minn kota trolling motor
    -custom made boat cover that matches boat
    -custom color matched casting platform
    -21ft stiffy hybrid push pole
    -trim tabs
    -boat buckle
    -transom saver
    - $7800 for everything, call or text for pictures at 239-877-7380

2. tlong

tlong I Love microskiff.com!

I went to look at this boat friday and just so no one else wastes their time like I did gonna give a review. The boat and trailer is solid. However the prop is chewed up bigtime. When we test drove it, it died on us. While barely making it back to shore it was bone dry of oil. The owner talks about the warranty but a warranty doesn't mean you can run the hell out of something and they'll fix it for your abuse. It's a kid in highschool selling the boat so You know before you drive the 3-1/2 hours like I did.

3. austin_gross18

austin_gross18 I Love microskiff.com!

Got in an argument over the phone with this guy that's why he is bad mouthing the boat. This guy had no intention of buying this boat. The boat ran out of gas due to me only putting a half gallon in for a 30 min test ride. This guy actually wanted to buy the boat for $4000 because he has know clue what the hell he wants or what this boat is made for. All around just that one snobby cheap guy who wants what he wants at the price he wants to pay. There's always someone out there like this, i just got unlucky and it had to be me.

4. tlong

I will buy the boat for 4k. The boat wasn't out of gas. The oil light was on and you were yelling at your dad because I guess it's his responsibility to put oil in your boat. I'm just trying to let people know my opinion on your boat. The boat and trailer is nice. No doubt but the motor has been abused.

5. tlong

That's why they have pushpoles! I suggest you try using yours

6. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

Props can be fixed.  And $400 reduced from the asking price if it needs a new one.

The price is also pretty competitive for this type of boat.

Offering $4k and arguing on message boat isn't going to get you the boat.  Move on.  The trailer, push pole and gear that comes with it is nearly worth that amount.

7. tlong

That's true. Just making my point. Don't want a bunch of problems warranty or not. Glws

8. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

What happened to the one way ticket for abusing someone's for sale post?

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1398605783

9. acrittenden

acrittenden I Love microskiff.com!

x2! Great question.

10. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

LOL. Classic

11. shiprock8

shiprock8 HB Whipray 16

Just an observation: I agree that trashing some one's add is not right. When a member complains because the asking price is too much, that is just stupid and that person should be given a warning. When a member drives 3.5 hours to check out a boat for sale and reports that there was no oil or low oil in the engine, that's different. I am suspicious however, because it is my belief that on most modern engines there is shutdown protection if the oil is below a certain level. So when saltyt says the engine oil was bone dry, it's hard to take him seriously. No combustion engine will run with out oil, period.

12. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

Oh, they will run without oil. Just not for very long lol

13. Sandalous

Sandalous Well-Known Member

Saltyt's first-hand account of his meeting with the seller could hardly be called abusive. If anything, I think that it is a great example of one of the things that this forum is good for... Helping everyone else out with their due diligence! Whoever goes to look at it next may want to take a more detailed look at the motor and compression after the supposed low-oil operation!

14. I agree

15. gheenoelotide

gheenoelotide I Love microskiff.com!

its not badmouthing if its the truth

16. zoey814

zoey814 I Love microskiff.com!

Willing to sell just the hull?

17. jonterr

jonterr I Love microskiff.com!

I dont know about the rest of yall, but i would like to know which one is telling the truth!
    Was it out of :Dgas , or out of oil?
    Big difference!

18. Mfeldman

Mfeldman I Love microskiff.com!

I would love to know as well!

I had a dealing with this seller mainly through text and phone calls.. Never could get the information I wanted after a month of trying and gave up as it would be a 10 hour drive for me. Buying a boat in that situation you want to feel some sort of trust, wasn't there. If you notice this is the sellers 5th or 6th ad on this same boat.

19. tlong

Thanks guys! Not trying to start any crap with the guy or anyone on here so if I broke the rules my apologies. Just didn't want a few people to go through what I did and I was set on buying the boat but with had happened changed my perspective on it.

20. GCC

GCC I Love microskiff.com!

Who the hell puts a HALF of a gallon of gas in a boat for a test run? And where are the pics of this boat?