Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
394 Posts
2003 or 2004 they stopped putting them back there.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
584 Posts
I always thought that the professional had the spray rails taper back smooth Into the back of the boat or at least my friends 04 pro does
Wouldn't that be a whipray-waterman hull ??

·
I Love microskiff.com!
394 Posts
Some other guys would prob be able to better answer that. I believe from 01'-03' was somewhat of a transitional whip/pro! My 02' has the lines all the way back makes for a nice ride sprays everything out instead of up towards the middle of the hull!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
636 Posts
2003 or 2004 they stopped putting them back there.
My buddy's 03 had them.

I always thought that the professional had the spray rails taper back smooth Into the back of the boat or at least my friends 04 pro does
Wouldn't that be a whipray-waterman hull ??
03 and 04 was a transition year, I believe the 04s were the start of the newer hull design.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
394 Posts
Knew there was someone that would know. I thought it was around that year timeframe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In an attempt to clarify some of the comments on this thread with out starting a debate here goes: This boat was ordered new in Sept of 2003. The boat was ordered in preparation for the 2004 Tarpon season and fly fishing tournaments. It is an old style Pro hull. every aspect of the skiff was geared towards fly fishing. Some parts of the hull where laid up a little thinner and other parts beefed up. We expected to have to make long runs and then pole like hell. when we got there. The rear hatches were completely reconfigured from what is original for that boat model. Since this boat was to be a fly fishing only skiff, the crustacean well was removed and two hatches were put side by side with a permanent partition in the center. The person that was going to be poling this skiff was a big guy (235 plus) and the angler was 160lb. Therefore, the poling platform was mounted a few inches forward so that under pole the skiff would be perfectly balanced and float in the least amount of water as possible and track true as the hull was intended to do. The 2004 fishing season never came to fruition for either angler and this boat was stored in an air conditioned warehouse two weeks after delivery with less than 10 hours on it and stayed there until 12 months ago or so when I brought it out and started fishing it again. Since then it has had another 100 or so hours put on it, but continued to be stored indoors after each trip. This boat is lighter, faster, poles better and overall performs better than its replacement that is currently being produced by the manufacturer. In all fairness it is like comparing apples to oranges since the new Hells Bay Pro is not trying to be what this boat is.

·
Banned
4,551 Posts
It is a Market,. ......................period

·
Registered
202 Posts
Man tough crowd on here! This guys just trying to sell his what's looks to be nice skiff. IMHO if you don't think something is worth the price someone is asking for it, DON"T BUY IT. Or better yet if you think you can go buy a new one for only $XXXXXX more than go do it! All the skiff builders appear to be extremely busy building new boats and I'm sure they would love your order!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
For what it's worth, my 2006 BT has about 180 hours on the E-60. The skeg was showing good wear 40 hours ago, now even more. However, I am running in the shallow sandy flats of TX. Thought you FL guys didn't have to run that skinny! I agree with @tgjohnso - repowered, this could fetch close to that price, or at the mid 30s.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts