Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I bought an outboard off craigslist and it has a fuel fitting that doesn't appear to be stock. It 5hp with an intergrated tank as well as the connection for an external. It has 2 prong style as opposed a single connector. It seems that stock Suzuki connectors are the single connections/prongs. What I've seen on the retail sites are Crystler, mercury, and yamaha that look like mine. How can i figure out what fuel line to buy? thanks.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
723 Posts
Best way would be to uninstall the fitting and take it with you.  Probably impractical.

Take some measurements and a photo.  Go find the same fitting and buy the fuel hose that goes with it.

Third option, buy one of each and keep the receipts.

Swamp

Edit: Post a picture here and I'll bet it can be identified.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess thats it. Everywhere I look it shows that connector is the DF25-40 and single style was stock for my motor. What size fuel line do I need for a 5hp?

·
devilray snob
2,398 Posts
Is there a reason why can't I use 3/8? Just curious.
Dont see why not, just kinda big? Someone with more knowledge might chime in.

I just know that anytime you talk about a micro or flats skiff, 5/16 is normally always the answer.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that motor was used as a aux. kicker and that fitting matches the main engine /line. ??
Good point never thought of that. Any reason that I can't used 3/8 fuel line?

·
Cert. Yamaha technician
4,330 Posts
Ive seen 150hp engines get away with 5/16...
If you go to big (garden hose), your little "pulse pump" on your motor wont beable to make enough vacuum to move such a large amount of fuel.

5/16 stuff is cheaper anyways..

·
I Love microskiff.com!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys...I'm pretty much settled on the attwood 3gal tank and attwood uni 3/8 fuel line kit for my setup. I'm assuming it just as good as any other out there.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have used 3/8" fuel lines to run auxiliary engines in the same application this engine was likely used as. A fuel line can be too small, but I see no problem with larger.

Frank_S

1 - 20 of 21 Posts