SOLD/EXPIRED 2002 Hells Bay 16 Waterman

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Net 30, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

Not mine but wish it was.....

http://www.tribenwater.com/forums/classifieds/3114-fs-2002-hells-bay-16-waterman-w-40-merc.html

2. reallyshallow

reallyshallow I Love microskiff.com!

The pictures don't do this boat justice...this boat is the epitome of "mint". Jerm has this skiff in show room condition.

3. FlyFisherK

FlyFisherK Dieu et les Dames

Wow... Talk about a flawless skiff. Only thing wrong with it is that its not in my garage!!

4. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

That appears to be an awesome skiff and with the price of new Hells Bay starting in the 38K+ range, a mint skiff will continue to command top dollar..

There are a few peeps here that bought skiffs that needed "minor" refurbs to make it mint, but "minor" refurbs are not cheap...

I think a skiff in this condition (awesome) will test the prices commanded in the last few years.

May be good news to anyone who owns a classic HB skiff in decent condition.

5. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

Unbelievably beautiful skiff!

6. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Amazing skiff...has everything you would want. Light 2-stroke, side console, removed the carpets, etc. Not to mention the $5,000 trailer...

Should sell fast.

7. Creek Runner

Creek Runner Well-Known Member

Wow that's an expensive 16' trailer, I just bought my Ram-lin all anodize aluminum for $3500 brand new.

Good looking whip, looks very clean!

8. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Unless he got a discount, a stainless trailer custom fit for a HB can only be ordered from HB and is over $3500 last someone told me...not counting the color package.

9. Creek Runner

Creek Runner Well-Known Member

Wow didn't know that was a SS trailer, in all my years doing this I have only ever seen 1 SS trailer and it was fully custom out of a fab shop. Pretty Cool!

10. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Aluminum/stainless...whatever. And you may also be right that it might not be an alum/ss trailer, it could be a galvanized. In which case it's still over $2000 for one without the paint.

11. castawaycustoms

castawaycustoms Well-Known Member

That's my old skiff, I had the trailer built. It's paint over galvanized. Boat is super clean and one of the lightest 16's I've ever seen. Built very well back in 02.

12. el9surf

el9surf Well-Known Member

I was quoted $3200 for a new ramlin galvanized whipray trailer a couple weeks ago, the aluminum version was around $4200 if memory serves me correct. Both quotes had removable tongues.

13. IRLyRiser

IRLyRiser Well-Known Member

It was nice when Tyler had it, and it looks like it's gotten even better. I believe it originally was Jon Cave's boat.

14. Parrboy

Parrboy Pg native

Maybe I'm crazy but I think that link is to an 11 year old 16 ft boat for over 20 grand

15. shiprock8

shiprock8 HB Whipray 16

Whoa, you must have got caught in a time warp! ::)

16. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

You've already commented in the Hell's bay values thread about your disdain for Hell's bay owners and what they do with their skiffs...try not to track that attitude into here.

17. Snookdaddy

Unless crap has just hit the fan....  Ram-Lin trailers are not that much..  My good friend just bought a Ram-Lin galvy trailer for $2200 last summer.. fact!  Add fancy "baked on" paint and I do not know what the cost would be...

18. Snookdaddy

Due diligence is key on any skiff... HB or not! 

Test drive.. inspect, before you buy... anything....

19. el9surf

el9surf Well-Known Member