SOLD/EXPIRED 2000 Dolphin super skiff CL

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Jizzo, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Jizzo

Jizzo I Love microskiff.com!

Not mine but I'd sure like to get it....

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/3866391965.html

2. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

Funny,  "very rare".  I live 30 min from Ortega and have the same color hull. That one needs a big cosmetic touch up. So many holes drilled in that boat.

3. formerWAflyfisher

formerWAflyfisher Well-Known Member

I was surprised at the 5 inch draft. I wonder how he gets his to draft so little, thats even less than the Dolphin spec sheet. I need to figure out how to get mine to do that.

4. zmgsvt

zmgsvt I Love microskiff.com!

You have any more info on it? My buddy in LA has been talking to him about it today. He said it looked very clean in the pics he got and yes pretty picky? I thought it was a deal myself.

5. Sheremeta

From what I can see in the photos there are a lot of non factory items drilled into the topside and deck. The boat is all foam core so unless you drill a larger hole and fill with epoxy then drill the mounting hole in the eloxy plug you can have problems. I have professionally replaced the entire liner of my renegade with new foam core. We found lots of trapped water from holes that were not properly drilled. The fuel cell will also need to be replaced soon. Mine is the same year and when the tank was removed it was still good however had some bad pitting and corrosion in a few areas. It would have rusted through in another year or two. The tanks are built well and not foamed in place but are bare aluminum. The front of the tanks are epoxied in place and water gets trapped in this area.

As for draft I have never measured but it will run shallower than it will float. I have actually ran over an exposed mud bar once.

6. Jizzo

Jizzo I Love microskiff.com!

Casacola, you live in Jville? I'm sure you know a lot more about this boat than I do (since you own one). I just saw it on cl and thought I'd share it here. Sounds like it might need restoration. That means the price might be (a little) high. Could be a cool purchase though... Never know till you look at it yourself.

7. Seen that boat when I was fishing around Marco lake and I wasn't impressed looks like it was rode hard and put up wet

8. Sheremeta

You are right, it's one thing to see it in photos and in person.
    The great thing about these skiffs are the ride and how dry they are for their size. The renegade is a very dry ride for being 15' 10". This one is a super skiff with a slight v entery giving it an even better ride. It does not have trim tabs which makes a big difference.

9. acraft1720

acraft1720 I Love microskiff.com!

The 16 super skiff is an amazing little boat for its size, fished one in the keys recently that had some added spray rails and had to ride heavy chop for several miles home, never got wet or beat up.

10. blakec

blakec I Love microskiff.com!

This is my boat and it is as clean and solid as they get for a 2000. I dont even really want to sell her but for the right offer i will. If you want more info let me know.