SOLD/EXPIRED 2000 Baycraft 155 Skiff - $7000

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by cturner149, Jul 11, 2012.

1. cturner149

cturner149 Well-Known Member

Don't really want to do it, but I'm putting my skiff on the market.  I've had this boat about a year, and it was previously owned by an inshore charter guide who bought it new and kept the skiff in great shape.  Boat is located in Mobile AL, and the details include:

2000 Baycraft 155 Skiff
    1998 Johnson 60 HP Outboard
    2009 Karavan Galv Trailer w/ swing-away tongue (Bought new in 2011)
    Center Console
    70lb 24v Riptide Trolling Motor w/ onboard charger
    Garmin 440S GPS/Depth Finder Combo
    Stiffy Pushpole
    Plumbed with 2 livewells

Everything works great with this boat and it is 100% ready to fish.  In the last 3 months the boat has had an electrical overhaul done and had the keel fiberglass & gelcoat professionally touched up and looks brand new.  The trailer looks like it's never been in the water. Motor runs strong and was just serviced.

There are some minor cosmetic issues that could be addressed.  These include replacing 3 plastic hatches ($60/ea from Daytona Plastics) and putting a fresh coat of paint on the trolling motor bracket.  None of which impact the performance, fishability, or reliability of the boat.

The ONLY reason I'm looking to sell this boat is because I'm wanting to go smaller, lighter, and shallower.  This boat is extremely reliable and dry, I just typically make short runs and fish very shallow and it makes sense to downsize.

I'm asking $7000 just as an attempt to get most back of what I have put into it.  I'm open to offers, but not low-balls because I can easily continue to fish this boat for years to come without a problem.   ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BigSkyDave

BigSkyDave I Love microskiff.com!

Hi again. I was able to bring up your photobucket images.

Looks like a great boat. What color is it? Looks like white and olive.

As a duck hunter it suggests possiblities.

The Sears Gamefisher I mentioned is a fiberglass trihull painted camo. I've shot hundreds of ducks and geese with it. And fought tarpon in Keys and Halibut in Alaska from it, as well all most species in between. It floats in 6 inches or less and is stable enough to climbl in out of a march with a duck. Great all around 250 pound boat. Does 25 mph with the 25 Merc.

Dave

3. cturner149

Dave - you are correct, the boat is dark green and white.

4. cturner149

Got photobucket working..pictures added above.

5. shrek1

shrek1 I Love microskiff.com!

I'm definately interested, send me a DM

6. cturner149

Still available. Order placed on new boat, looking harder to sell now.

$6500 OBO

7. cturner149

To answer some of the PMs I've been getting - I can deliver this boat to FL or meet you half way, but we'd need to be serious about purchase for me to do that.

I'll be open and honest about any issues with the boat. Make me an offer, I may surprise you.

8. Live4Reds

Live4Reds I Love microskiff.com!

Very nice.  I used to have a Bay Craft and loved it. Love those OMCs too.

I'm in Tallahassee and will be in your area this weekend.  Would love to check this boat out!  I'll send you a PM with my number, please give me a call to discuss.

9. cturner149

Still for sale. Price Negotiable.

10. cturner149

Took it out this weekend on a successful sightfishing trip.  Ran like a top. Gulf coast sightfishing season is getting close!

[​IMG]

11. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

cturner, i have some questions about the hull for you.... sent you a pm

12. cturner149

Sent you a reply, thanks for the interest!

13. cturner149

Sale pending. Thanks for all of the interest! Will repost if sale falls through.

14. cturner149

Boat is sold!

Sold to a great dude who I hope enjoys the skiff as much as I have! Congrats Van!