Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I am going to come off as stupid posting this, but I just came into a 2000 17t pathfinder and I am wondering if the fuel is just straight gasoline or is it mixed with some sort of oil? I know these are basic questions that seem easy, but I am new to the skiff game and need a little help getting started. Any other tips about using the 17t would be greatly appreciated! The more information, the better. Thank y'all in advance. (the engine is the original 60hp Yamaha 2 stroke)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Pull the engine cowling and see if there is a oil reservoir (like a plastic tank). Usually located on the port side of motor. If there is no plastic tank, then YOU need to add oil to the fuel.

Engine Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Do you know what the ratio of oil to fuel is? How many parts oil to gas it has to be for the 60hp Yamaha model year 2000.
Could vary with motor manufactures. 50:1(2.6 ounces/gallon) is the most used and widely accepted fuel/oil ratio. However, it may be best to contact yamaha and verify.

Reactions: clevertexas2
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.