Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1999 eagle skimmer 16 (Morgan skimmer 16)

2128 4
I picked up a 99 eagle 16ft flats boat 6’8 beam, for a great deal. Everything works, I’ve done quite a bit of cleaning just because I like my stuff to look nice. Drafts 8”-9” maybe 10” of water with 2 grown men. Motor seems to run great. Boat comes out of the water with ease and gets on plane. Problem is.. it’s slow as shit (21mph). Motor is a fantastic running Mercury Force 40hp it had a hydro foil on the lower unit which has sense been taken off. I gained 1mph. I know the boat should atleast run 30 with ease. Prop Is 10.84 diameter 14 pitch. 3 blade stainless
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Tunnel model? I believe that tunnel design is exactly the one Majestic boats copied and used on the savage crack model. It was very slow. I had one with a 90 on it. They also made a model with your hull design, different cap. Bossman boats made/makes the same boat too. My guess is that’s why it is so slow. Majestic ventilated the tunnel. If you closed they vent, the transom would get sucked down below water level when getting on plane. Scary. I tried, I know.

just looked closer, not sure yours is a tunnel as transom is not raised high enough.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Nice boat. You should love it. I have a friend with an 18’ (Bossman) and it’s great. Fairly shallow and is like walking around on a dock stable. I looked at some of the original Morgans a couple years ago that a local guy had which were NOS and had been just sitting having never been used for many years. Looking back I should have bought one but didn’t know enough at the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.