Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1998 hells bay whipray Islamorada edition. Very light and dry boat. Low chine model with leather nonskid. Hull number 11 Chris Morejohn build signed under forward deck.

-2019 Yamaha 25 4 stroke less than 15 hours
-jack plate
-powertech sra3 prop
-Lenco tabs
-large forward and aft compartments
-fuel tank in good condition

Just got this back from the hells bay factory, and they performed the following:
-stainless drain upgrade
-wet sand and buff hull
-keel guard
-new stainless hinges
-replaced under gunnel carpet
-minor gel coat repair on a few dings
-new decals

Located in Hilton head island, sc. call or text John at 8four3 29zero 3196. Asking 25,000.

Attachments

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,879 Posts
This is the equivalent to the 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California from Ferris Bueller's Day Off!! We for sure need more pics of this thing!! I remember seeing the ads for Whipray Skiffs in the FS mags for $9995! There is no way I could every let this one go! Good luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am considering trading my vintage hells bay whipray. This ‘98 whip popped up for sale at the end of 2018, and I was lucky enough to snag this sweet piece of history. It is completely unmolested, and according to an article on Chris Morejohn’s blog, it was the first whipray ever sold to the public. http://chrismorejohn.blogspot.com/2014/07/chris-morejohn-history-of-hells-bay.html?m=1

This skiff is a true piece of history and is a low chine model with rare features such as leather non skid, flush side console, and a crustacean crevice livewell hatch. When I purchased the boat I replaced the original Yamaha 25 2 stroke with a brand new 2019 Yamaha 25hp 4 stroke (10 hours on motor).

I am very fortunate and appreciative to be the owner of this little gem, and have no doubt in my mind that it will be on the water for decades to come. It is a very well built, light and dry riding skiff. Absolutely nothing is wrong with it aside from a few minor dings and scratches on the hull.

I am going to be picky about trades and I’m in no rush to get rid of this boat. I figure there is someone that wants to get a little skinnier and would be willing to trade their HB Biscayne or similar deeper drafting ocean side skiff. I am not limiting myself to just hells bay trades, and will consider all reputable boat manufactures. Only criteria is it must be able to fit in a standard 20’ garage. Fell free to message me or call John at 8four32903196 for more information or pictures. Boat is located in hilton head island, South Carolina. I might even sell for the right price.

Attachments

·
Sight Fishing South Florida
826 Posts
Cool piece of history here. Will be a nice ride for the right individual. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the equivalent to the 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California from Ferris Bueller's Day Off!! We for sure need more pics of this thing!! I remember seeing the ads for Whipray Skiffs in the FS mags for $9995! There is no way I could every let this one go! Good luck!
Thanks for the kind comment. It’s going to be very hard to get rid of this skiff. I am probably going to keep it and purchase a larger boat in the near future.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that means what?
Exactly what I said. I am going to be very particular regarding transactions related to this vessel. I was simply replying to shadowcast’s comment and in particular when he said, “there is no way I could ever let that one go”.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The skiff is at the HB factory getting a minor face lift. Soon it will look like new and price is going up to 30k. Message me for details if you have any questions

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got the skiff back from the hells bay factory and it looks great. Feel free to contact me with questions or if you want more pictures.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m ready for a fast sale. I will entertain all reasonable offers. I need to move into a larger skiff for next season. Call or message me with any questions. Thanks for looking

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here in the low country our flats are close to deep water, so I have never have to get on plane or drive in very shallow water. I’m sure it could jump up in shallow water and run fairly skinny, but I don’t have any real world numbers for you sorry.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts