Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1994 Yamaha 40hp 2 stroke

2651 2
1994 Yamaha 40hp 2 stroke 20” shaft electric start remote steering. Model 40tlrs. I pulled this motor off a 13 whaler project boat. It runs, but has seen better days.

The bad: You can see where the mid section was heated to remove the lower unit bolts, and slight corrosion in areas under the cowling.

The good: Trim and tilt motor looks amazing with zero rust. Comes with all controls and steering components. Cheap!!

I can do a compression test for serious buyers, and would feel more comfortable selling this a parts motor. I don’t see anyone slapping this on the back of their Chittum, but I believe it is a perfect motor for a jon boat or similar. just needs a little tic.

Asking $750
Located hilton head, sc
Contact John at 8four3 2ninezero 31nine6.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on this motor. I was not aware, but this motor was serviced a year or so ago, but has sat ever since. New plugs, impeller, head gasket, lower unit oil. Basically just needs to be cleaned up a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.