Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2019 outboard and I’m deciding if it’s worth throwing it on a 1990 16ft maverick, or sell the motor and invest in a newer skiff.
Anyone have problems with 1990 maverick hulls? I have the opportunity to buy one just seeing everyone’s 2 cents! I’m
Obviously not trying to flip the boat just seeing if it’s worth it. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Item 1... don't think I've ever seen a 16' Maverick - 17' is their smallest years ago (that said even though my old 1988 Maverick is 16'10" long...).
Item 2... What size and brand motor do you have for that small skiff - mine is a bit under powered with a 90hp motor (I ran 115's on it for years before going to a bit smaller motor in 2005).
Item 3... If you have a photo or info from an ad, I'll know exactly what model Maverick that was and be able to provide some pretty good advice - mine has been in hard commercial service (full time guide) since 1996 - and I can't remember how many different motors it's had over the years...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Was gonna say any questions regarding the 16 Deluxe ask Capt. Bob--but see he already responded! Don't know anyone better who would be able to answer any ?'s about that hull! Tight lines!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts