SOLD/EXPIRED 1984 Evinrude 8hp short-shaft tiller $150.00

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TomFL, Apr 20, 2009.

1. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Folks I have a project motor for sale. It's an '84 evinrude 8hp short-shaft two-stroke. In great cosmetic shape.

I bought the motor about 8 months ago, ran perfect. I loved the motor! Compression is even at 120 both cylinders. I put new plugs in it and ran it for a while, then decided to go through the motor and replace the usual items. I just spent over $150 in parts on it:

New carb kit.
    New Carb Bowl.
    New Fuel Pump kit.
    Recoil starter spool.
    New water pump

"0" hours on all the above.

Here's where I ran into trouble. When changing the water pump, the driveshaft won't come out of the block. :(

If you have some time to tinker, and are handy with a wrench, here's your motor.

I don't want to risk forcing it, and really don't have time or mental energy to delve into getting that shaft out. I've got too many projects and work is not making it easy for me to find time to go fishing, let alone work on a project motor. It may be a simple fix for you. A couple of days' soak with some penetrating oil, or a quick shot with a torch and it may be fine. Maybe you know a secret I don't about getting it out. Your call.

Once fixed, this little gem will make someone really happy. It's a strong running motor, light and portable, and in great shape.

I'd just like to recoup the $$ I have in new parts for it, so I'm asking $150.00

Reach me at 772-521-9990 please no calls after 10pm. Or shoot me a PM here on the forum.

Motor is located in Palm City, FL.

Can post pics in the next few days.

2. JIMMYZ750

JIMMYZ750 Well-Known Member

Sounds like right up my alley...now if I can only get Tom in Orlando to bring it back with him...... :) :) :)

3. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Hey Jimmy, unlike another whole gheenoe, this motor will fit in yer garage so no worries about the neighborhood commandos giving you grief!

Give Tom a call, and let me know. Will be willing to meet you boys halfway...

I'll get some pics of it to you tomorrow or Thurs latest.

-T

4. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Give me a call. I sent you an email with my number.

5. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

I still have this motor (and haven't touched it since my original post).

I will be bringing it to the bash if anyone's interested...bring some $$ and make me an offer

-T