Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
21 - 40 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sooo nice to have a garage to work in. I keep having to move mine to keep the iguanas off it. Got mine put together enough to take it out tomorrow, but still need a steering cable, a couple pieces of coosa, and a bunch of gelcoat fixes and fairing

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eh probably a couple 24x24 squares, thereabouts. I was planning on driving up to merritt supply in pompano to get it, do you need anything up there?

·
Registered
1979 Banana River Skiff
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I have a couple scraps but not that big. No I’m good I placed an order with US Composites in west palm with the rest of the things I need. Or think I need. Thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is awesome! Bout to start on my BRS rebuild hopefully this month. Howd that 25hp merc push the boat? I have my 2000 25 merc 2 stroke hoping to throw on mine. pushed my last skiff at 30mph so im hoping for the same results.

·
Registered
1979 Banana River Skiff
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
This is awesome! Bout to start on my BRS rebuild hopefully this month. Howd that 25hp merc push the boat? I have my 2000 25 merc 2 stroke hoping to throw on mine. pushed my last skiff at 30mph so im hoping for the same results.
The 25 pushed me solo around 26mph. 2 people and gear and a 6 gallon tank pushed us around 23mph. I sold the motor and going with a Yamaha 50 2 stroke tiller. I tore about 300lbs of saturated plywood out too. So I think I’ve been riding heavy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The 25 pushed me solo around 26mph. 2 people and gear and a 6 gallon tank pushed us around 23mph. I sold the motor and going with a Yamaha 50 2 stroke tiller. I tore about 300lbs of saturated plywood out too. So I think I’ve been riding heavy.
Good to hear. That 50hp will be sweet! I plan to keep it ultra light so i think the 25 will work. I pulled 150lb of wet foam from my last skiff and it forsure helped. What was the previous cap you pulled off made out of? Ply or foam core? Are you going capless?

·
Registered
1979 Banana River Skiff
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Good to hear. That 50hp will be sweet! I plan to keep it ultra light so i think the 25 will work. I pulled 150lb of wet foam from my last skiff and it forsure helped. What was the previous cap you pulled off made out of? Ply or foam core? Are you going capless?
Old cap was 3/4 plywood and floor was 3/4” plywood. Lots of woven rovin. I am putting a new foam core cap with no hatches. Very small aft deck and enough deck to cover the tank on the bow. Maybe 8”-12” on the sides

21 - 40 of 177 Posts