SOLD/EXPIRED 1966 12' MFG Fiberglass Project Hull w/ Title

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by ksm330, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ksm330

ksm330 I Love microskiff.com!

1966 12' MFG (Molded Fiberglass Corp) Cartopper trihedral hull.
    THIS IS A PROJECT HULL AND IS OFFERED AS HULL ONLY, NO MOTOR NO TRAILER.
    Original manufacturers specs (taken from 1966 brochure)
    Centerline length 12' 1"
    Gunwale length 13' 1/2"
    O.A. Beam 52"
    Shaft Length (motor) 15"
    Transom width 47"
    Approx weight 135lbs
    HP rating 10 max
    Capacity 623lbs persons and gear
    ***NON OF THIS IS STAMPED ON THE TRANSOM***

I purchased this boat under the guise that I would be customizing for a friend.  Those plans fell through and I have too many projects going right now.  This boat was never titled or registered in the state of Florida, so I have gone through the process of getting it titled and registered.  I have all the paperwork, registration, title and stickers included.  There is no HIN# on the hull, so FLorida issued one to me.  This is NOT a homemade title, it is titled as a 1966 MFG 12' fiberglass boat.  WHen your restoration/renovation is complete, you will need to affix or engrave the HIN on the transom.

This is a light, solid, stable and able 12' boat.  Rather than a typical tri-hull as seen in a Whaler, this hull has 3 v runners that run the length from transom to bow but still leave significant sections of the flat bottom to promote better speed and lift. There is no hook or hog in the planning surface.

The transom seems to be solid.  The picture does not do it justice.  Those dark marks seem to be more scuffs in the paint from where the previous motor had been hung, but all in all, there are no soft spots or apparent rot in the transom.  The boat is all fiberglass, but there is wood in the rubrail and transom.  There are a few spots on the rubrail that have obvious rot, but it mostly seems solid (see pic).  There are a couple minor cracks and a few small holes that need to be dealt with.

This boat is not ready for the water as it sits as the drain hole needs a bit of repair on a few little cracks and there is a small hole in one of the chines.  The paint is peeling and will need to be redone.

Boat is in Broward County and I am asking $400.  Please feel free to PM me or text or call me at (954) eight seven three - 843two.  My name is Keith.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ksm330

Re: 1966 12' MFG Cartopper Project Hull w/ Title

Here are some of the original brochures, found on the fiberglassics.com website. 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ksm330

Still Available. Comes see this unique hull and make me an offer.

4. ksm330

Price Reduced, $300 obo. PM me, or call or text @ (954) eight seven three - 8432.

Keith.

5. ksm330

this hull is back on the market. Just picked up a new 14' hull and need the space. shoot me a PM or call or text at the number in the previous post. Boat is located in N. Broward County. Can arrange to view it in either Coconut Creek or Davie.