Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had one for a year, it’s a fine push pole for the price but on the Y foot of the push pole it started leaking where it met the push pole and would take in water and sound like a rain stick sometimes while I was poling around, I just 5200 around the seal of Y foot and drilled a hole at the bottom of the stake out end and let it drain out

·
Registered
186 Posts
Classic glass Moonlighter 18' pole is only $30 more,weighs 2.5 lbs less,made in Florida and warranted for life. I've had mine since 1996 and it still looks good and gets the job done. Nuff said.

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,436 Posts
Good deal. And spotless garage.

You might want to release the pole from the holders while in storage. If left under tension for longer periods, some will take a permanent set or curve.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Good deal. And spotless garage.

You might want to release the pole from the holders while in storage. If left under tension for longer periods, some will take a permanent set or curve.
This. I inherited a free G Loomis pole that has a permanent curve in it. It was actually fine for poling my SM1656 and I'll use it on my Gheenoe, but if I had paid money for it I wouldn't have paid money for it. Previous owner left it hooked into the holders on his heavy flats boat for several years, and actually snapped it when he put his a** into pushing off and the curve caused it to flex outward. I cut out about 2' and repaired it with a ferrule, but the curve is still there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so whats the electric dodad on the front deck. Depth sounder?
nice boat
The only electric dodad on the front on my boat is my trolling motor, it has a ram mount attached to it with a piece of board that sits on my deck to avoid rattling around in choppier water. Here's a little better pic of the front deck.
IMG_9200.PNG

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,517 Posts
Well ive never seen a TM mount like that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts