SOLD/EXPIRED 17' sundance cc skiff

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by deadworm, Feb 27, 2007.

1. deadworm

deadworm Well-Known Member

for sale....17' 2002 CC sundance skiff. 50hp mercury w/t&t. new hummingbird
    fish finder w/gps. bimini, galv. trailer. 55lb minnkota trolling motor. large front/rear decks with bass boat type pedestal seats. all in excellent condition.
    boat draws 6" when fully loaded. reason for selling: Dr. advises no more saltwater fishing due to diabetes.
    $6800. OBO or consider FG bass boat trade.
    pics on request by email nkr38@netzero.com

2. JIMMYZ750

JIMMYZ750 Well-Known Member

SORRY TO HEAR THE BAD NEWS
    WHAT DOES DIABETES HAVE TO DO WITH SALT WATER FISHIN?

3. deadworm

deadworm Well-Known Member

the saltwater contains a multitude of organisms that can, (and will in a diabetic,) cause the possible loss of limb and even life. this can happen to a healthy person as well. there is a young man on the capmel.com forum that lost one leg due to saltwater infection through a cut or scratch. he no longer fishes the salt to no ones surprise. wading in saltwater with even athletes foot can be a disaster waiting to happen. my age enters into this as well as I am nearing 70. we old farts get stuff easier than you young bucks. much to our dismay. :(
    hope this explains it and maybe gets you to think about waders before you go wading again.

4. JIMMYZ750

JIMMYZ750 Well-Known Member

Well, I too have diabetes and am not so young anymore. You can bet I will have a chat with the Dr. on next visit. Thanks for the info.