Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots to do before i even think about fairing. Not building show boat but will fair it some. Gonna gel coat the very bottom then paint the sides.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice!

Your hull has a pretty serious "hump" at the keel to bow transition. It's going to want to really ride bow up on you once you're planing. That's a good thing in rough water but annoying when it's calm and you want more speed or to run sitting down.

Don't know if you had tabs in your plan, but looking at the bottom of your hull, I think you're going to want them.

You could keep more weight forward to counteract, but if you try and fish with an angler on the bow in the skinny stuff you're going to be bumping bottom with the bow.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice!

Your hull has a pretty serious "hump" at the keel to bow transition. It's going to want to really ride bow up on you once you're planing. That's a good thing in rough water but annoying when it's calm and you want more speed or to run sitting down.

Don't know if you had tabs in your plan, but looking at the bottom of your hull, I think you're going to want them.

You could keep more weight forward to counteract, but if you try and fish with an angler on the bow in the skinny stuff you're going to be bumping bottom with the bow.

I love bow high boats for some reason.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well, don't keep us in suspense. What's your renovation plans with the panga. Interior layout? Power? Other goodies?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
25hp 2stroke tiller. Grab bar with cooler seat. open layout with small front deck. lots of open space to fish. possible rear bench seat. All composite rebuild due to obtaining really cheap materials otherwise i could never do without wood.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts