Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,490 Posts
I like the idea. Even I could build their boat, maybe.
But $4k I guess that doesn't include the motor

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah hull only. But throwing it out there for people who hate measuring and cutting….I’ve done it a few times I’m not good at it, I hate it.

·
Panhandler
2,908 Posts
That's a cool idea. Wonder if the bikini babe comes with the red model on the beach? ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I spent some time on the phone with these guys today… If anybody’s looking for a 16 foot kit they may want to check them out:

Thanks for the plug bottlecap. We have been seeing interest in smaller skiffs and we know our 16'2" is above the true microskiff range. I would like to challenge the groups members here to help us understand the most desired aspects of a RoosterFish designed microskiff kit. We have talked internally about doing one for some time (vented tunnel, flat bottom, etc.).

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Thanks for the plug bottlecap. We have been seeing interest in smaller skiffs and we know our 16'2" is above the true microskiff range. I would like to challenge the groups members here to help us understand the most desired aspects of a RoosterFish designed microskiff kit. We have talked internally about doing one for some time (vented tunnel, flat bottom, etc.).
I think your 16'2 is a microskiff by the definition on this website. I am a little curious about the performance of that boat with the narrower transom.

The hull bottom depends on where the person lives. Most of the Texas guys run flat bottom or tunnels in really shallow water. Where I live I'd get beat to death with a boat like that. Ask me how I know... For me a little deadrise is a must.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That 16'2" rendering looks pretty nice. Any pictures of a finished build?
And how much additional cost is the trim kit? And how about just a poling platform? I think I'd prefer the cooler turned 90 degrees length wise like a coffin box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That 16'2" rendering looks pretty nice. Any pictures of a finished build?
And how much additional cost is the trim kit? And how about just a poling platform? I think I'd prefer the cooler turned 90 degrees length wise like a coffin box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have 5 kits inbound for the 16'-2". Drop us a note thru the website and we can get you some more information. As to the cost for changing the trim - none... We will charge for the product but changes like these are on us, especially if it is a good one. the coffin cooler is a great idea.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the OK to post the study plans for this boat. I didn’t see them on the website but I got them via email after our conversation. Couldn’t figure out how to post a PDF file so I just took a couple screenshots and put them up here in case anyone is interested. I probably spent an hour or more on the phone with them and talked about a multitude of things. Seems like they are a good group. Pretty much every piece is five axis CNC which is haven’t seen and I’ve wasted a lot of time looking at plans and kits! A scaled down version would suit me better and they were very receptive to the point like a day or two later I got a 3-D drawing of what a scaled down version would look like. There’s no 16s that are finished yet. They’re putting some kits together and I believe they’ll be shipping soon. I suggested to do a build and post it on here so people can see what the finished product can look like and the process and quality. Just putting it out there for those people that prefer to build. Shoot them an email or give them a call…

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts