Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOT MY FLOAT-ON TRAILER RUN OVER AT THE BOAT RAMP AND NEED TO FIND A NEW TRAILER. LOOKING FOR SOMETHING LIKE A RAMLIN OR SOMETHING I CAN DRY LAUNCH WITH IN THE $1500-$2000 RANGE.

·
1652 G3, & 1756 Lowe tinnys
776 Posts
I don't know where you are, or if Academy has any locations that stock trailers near you (some do, some do not) ..but....they sell a galvanized McClain Jon boat trailer for 16-foot boats. The last price that I remember was in the $600.00 range. They can be easily modified. If available to you, you might want to check one out.

G

·
Not sure where you are located but there are a few on CL Tampa. A couple were pretty cheap but you would need tire and such and a few were nicer and aroind you budget limit. All of them aluminum.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some drunk idiot probably. Ran it over while I was in the water and didn’t leave a note or anything. Luckily I was able to rig it to get home.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,936 Posts
GOT MY FLOAT-ON TRAILER RUN OVER AT THE BOAT RAMP AND NEED TO FIND A NEW TRAILER. LOOKING FOR SOMETHING LIKE A RAMLIN OR SOMETHING I CAN DRY LAUNCH WITH IN THE $1500-$2000 RANGE.
Sorry that happened. Would insurance not cover it? You can dry launch a Float-On just by adding a yellow keel roller on the rear cross member. I dry launch all mu Float-On's. I would give Float-On a call.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My insurance will cover $1800 of it but they didn’t leave a note or anything for me to try their’s. And yeah I have my float on now that is good just no float on dealers nearby

·
Registered
697 Posts
Nope park ave
I live a block away from that ramp and choose to drive 15 minutes to the Canaveral Ramp. Too many idiots between that ramp and Riverbreeze. It wouldn’t hurt to go to the city or PD, they may have a camera on the city building on Riverside that looks over the parking lot.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live a block away from that ramp and choose to drive 15 minutes to the Canaveral Ramp. Too many idiots between that ramp and Riverbreeze. It wouldn’t hurt to go to the city or PD, they may have a camera on the city building on Riverside that looks over the parking lot.
Yeah are usually run down when I’m fishing the lagoon but when I fish the bridges I like to drop in at that one. And I also filed a report with the police and they said they will get back to me when They check the camera

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
hmmmm.park ave boat ramp, where is the location?

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
You have my sympathies - on more than one occasion, down here in south Florida I've come back to Crandon, Homestead, or the 79th Street ramp with customers aboard and found my trailer damaged by idiots who probably are terrible drivers -then all you need is a boat trailer on the back of their rig and it's demolition derby time... Of course, not once over the years was a note or contact info left behind... Once or twice my trailer itself was actually moved during the demolition derby... Just nothing like operating in the big city..

Maybe that's why most days you'll find me down at Flamingo where things are a lot quieter...

Here's how I'd solve your current problem... Ankona built your hull and routinely sets them up on new trailers. They probably have more than one style of trailer they can use - and they certainly know exactly what model is just right for your hull... Contact them and find out the make, model, etc - then ask what they'd charge for a new trailer as a starting point. Heck, if you've got one of their hulls they might even get you a trailer for a bit of a discount.. If their price isn't right - at least you have the make and model you need - as well as the dimensions and specs of that trailer. With that info contact Continental, EZ Loader, or even the outfit that provides the trailers for high end skiffs like Hells Bay for quotes...

If all else fails - and you can't afford a nice new trailer - at least you'll know the measurements needed before you start running around looking at used trailers... By the way - most insurance outfits won't pay off without an accident report filed (they'll want the name of agency and the case number...).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Some drunk idiot probably. Ran it over while I was in the water and didn’t leave a note or anything. Luckily I was able to rig it to get home.
That is pretty shitty someone would hit your trailer and not leave you a note or anything. You are probably right, it was probably some drunk asshole. I would do what Capt. Bob suggested. I am sure Ankona could get you a replacement cheaper than you will be able to buy one.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,062 Posts
ran over it with a car/truck or another boat?
we need picture's

1 - 20 of 23 Posts