16' Hewes Bonefisher Tournament

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CatchBravo, Aug 10, 2010.

1. CatchBravo

CatchBravo I Love microskiff.com!

The boats a 93' but is 10,000$ is a good price for it?

Take Note: Scratches have bin buffed out all that needed to be fixed was fixed and there was proof of that (such as little bin of gelcoat work) and the engine starts up. This boat is directly from Bob hewes boats out of Miami and they wont let us buy it till we take it out just wanted some of your guys opinions on the price

2. CatchBravo

And heres the console

3. Capt_David

Capt_David Well-Known Member

What year is the motor? Remeber the decks, stringers and transon are WOOD! Softspots? 10K sound HIGH for a 16.

4. Bob_Rogers

Bob_Rogers I Love microskiff.com!

Tell em to make the hull registration numbers legal......

5. telltail

telltail Well-Known Member

There is no wood in that boat if it's a 93.

6. Lappy_16

Lappy_16 Well-Known Member

Yep, mines a '91 and theres no wood.....

7. Mike_Poczik

Mike_Poczik I Love microskiff.com!

What happened to your purple pink boat ?  http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1277341637/0 

8. TTSam

TTSam I Love microskiff.com!

Go to the Hewes forums and ask. I just saw on their forum a beautiful 97 bonefisher with a 90yamaha for 12,000 or best offer.

9. CatchBravo

10. out-cast

out-cast Well-Known Member

[smiley=carcrash.gif]

11. nate.

nate. I Love BEER!

10k for that? [smiley=1-lmao.gif]

its a nice boat but way over priced.

12. jared_simonetti

jared_simonetti Well-Known Member

I would say it's a little over priced, but in this economy you should be able to talk them down. It's a good riding boat for 16'. Here is a good boat since you said your going to be fishing a a lot of tournaments.... http://forums.capmel.com/post?id=4871116

13. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Well.... that's a neat piece of history right there for sure, but if what you're after is a fishing boat not a conversation piece then $10k is very high considering the year of the boat.

I know this because 1 year ago I sold a 2001 16 redfisher, with lots of upgrades including an RT80 trolling motor, Odyssey batteries, Stealth onboard charger, all new switches, SS seat brackets, a complete rewire by Master Repair, AL trailer, 90hp yamaha 2-stroke, etc for $10,500.

Market is tough.

Going to the MHP forum won't get you a good deal. 99% of the boats there are priced more than they are worth because of the following of that forum. Like a gheenoe here or on CG vs the open market.

Do your searching on CL or on ebay, FS forum etc and your money will go a lot farther.

14. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

dood, even at $10K that old Bonefisher is a better value for what it does and is capable of doing than $40 or $50K or what ever you have in your new ride. That said, in this market I'm sure he could get a better price, but even at $10K it's hardly anything to have a belly laugh over. Just because they're not contemporary "boutique" hulls, doesn't mean they're not worthy. Those hulls are proven, solid performers and anything under $10K are still pretty good values, especially considering what we use them for.

Believe it or not there are people that would rather have $10K tied up in a skiff and $40K in an IRA, even if they over paid a little on the skiff.  :

15. rat_red

rat_red I Love microskiff.com!

bro, ur pink boat's "motor went" and ur looking at another boat... and this after you went south on a custom order boat? Seriously?

16. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

This is going south fast. :-X

17. McFly

McFly Well-Known Member

.....did I just get rerouted to a FS thread... :-?

18. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Rundown - That boat is overpriced IMO. Search on craigslist, I had a line back in January on a mid 90's bonefisher with a yammy 90hp 2strk, aluminum trailer, MK co-pilot troller, etc. for $6,800 and the boat didn't need much work. I would pass on this particular bonefisher and keep looking.

Good luck!

PS - Bonefishers only have a "flow thru" livewell. IE shrimp & crabs will be ok but mullet & greenies won't last.

19. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Deerfly brings up an excellent point, and that is that a $10k boat like this will be a much better overall boat than say if you spent $10k on an LT25 and a bunch of options, unless you ONLY fish extremely shallow, protected water.

So in that regard, $10k is a fair price, but in today's market, I think you could find something similiar for a lot less.

Not having seen this one, the one caveat is that this might be an absolute gem of a boat, in pristine condition considering where it's coming from.

-T

20. roob76

roob76 Well-Known Member