Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

I’ve been lookin at boats for a while, finally settled on a skimmer skiff 16 as I wanted a skiff for bass, inshore reds, snook, and trout, some inshore snapper, and really nice summer days running the beach. The skimmer skiff for the bill wasn’t super expensive and had two live wells so I can keep my pinfish and shrimp separate.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went by skimmer skiff today to drop off a few items including my jack plate, trolling motor, gps / sonar unit, and my fish finder. Boat is starting to come together and gettin the itch. It’s still in the mold for one more day

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some pics of the powder coated poling platform and the trim tabs, fish finder and gps transducers as well as my live well drains. This boat for the most part won’t be piled, but the poling platform is nice for holding my flat lines or when trolling.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Boats looking good no so sure about the color though you damn gators lol. VantC wait to see it finished you're doing a tiller motor aren't you?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha, I hear you man, but I'm loyal to my school. I'm alumni after all.

Yes Sir I am doing a tiller, I have a 30hp etec from a previous boat that I'm going to use to get me by for a while. I plan later on getting a 60 hp etec tiller?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are some pics from today with the grab bar mounted, the coffin box livewell, and the round oval hole is the back live well. Mr. Bobby got the deck put on as well, it’s gettin close!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Ha, I hear you man, but I'm loyal to my school. I'm alumni after all.

Yes Sir I am doing a tiller, I have a 30hp etec from a previous boat that I'm going to use to get me by for a while. I plan later on getting a 60 hp etec tiller?
I did the same thing with a new boat that I picked up used a motor off another boat. What kind of trailer you getting? I would do a dry launch one the one I got is my first and what a cool feature not dunking the hubs and being able to launch. It's really coming along now want be long from the looks of it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mr Bobby said I can pick it up either Friday or Saturday of this week, so I’m super stoaked about that. It’s an all aluminum trailer like float on, with a swing tongue and guides on the trailer. I think the brand is continental. I’m gettin excited to say the least, only bummer is I won’t be able to register it till Monday....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts