SOLD/EXPIRED 16' Dolphin Super Skiff

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Graham_Anderson, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Graham_Anderson

Graham_Anderson Well-Known Member

Selling my 16' Dolphin Super Skiff boat which is in storage in Miami. This boat is super clean and ready to go fishing the day you pick it up. No bull, no “creative” pics.  This is a great boat that has a lot of money recently spent on updates and going through it completely. The condition of this boat is somewhere between 9 to 9.5
    Rarely are Dolphin Skiffs available used, they have a cult following and are amazing boats. These boats can fish shallow for bones and reds, as well as permit and deeper water for tarpon. The Super Skiff is the driest and smoothest of the technical poling skiffs of this size and is a very safe and sea-worthy craft in rough water when needed to be.  Nearly all the top Lower Keys fishing guides fish Super Skiffs and these boats are constantly crossing NW channel and going back and forth to the Marquesas,  and these two bodies of water can and will get extremely nasty.

This boat has been stored in a garage most of its life! Boat is completely redone mechanically, serviced updated and ready to go. The wiring is simple, straightforward and clean. On a trailer that is also completely redone mechanically and ready to go anywhere right now!

This low hour 70 HP Yamaha Two Stroke is as good an engine as you will find and has perfect 150 psi compression on all three cylinders. The Yamaha oil injected two strokes were as bullet proof motor as there was ever built.

I will start this engine on the water hose with the ears for serious potential buyers and can be test drove at Biscayne Bay with a pending offer if need be. This boat is currently in storage in Miami 2 blocks of the Palmetto Expressway 826.

Asking $11,750.  I live up north and have no time to use this great boat as I am starting on a two year project in Canada.  If the color scheme on this boat is too whizzy for you it is a decal that can be removed with a heat gun or by a decal shop.

Call, text or email if interested
    403 998 two two four eight
    or bank side at telus dot net

80 more photos at http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/bankside2/slideshow/Dolphin Super Skiff

1998 16' "Super Skiff" 70 HP Yamaha 2 Stroke Engine (2000 Yr Model)
    • Side Console
    • Poling Platform
    • Cooler Seat w/ Mounting Tray
    • Loadrite Trailer
    • Graphite Pole
    • Tibor Push Pole Mount on Platform 
    • Pop Up bow light and pop up front push pole cleat

The Following Features/Options are NEW!
    • Teleflex Hydraulic Steering
    • CMC Jack Plate – Electric w/ Height Indicator gauge
    • Optima “AGM” Battery
    • Electronic Yamaha Engine Gauge
    • Sting Ray Hydrofoil Anti Cavitation Plate
    • Rule 1100 GPH Automatic Bilge Pump
    • Waterproof Switch Panel
    • Blue LED Deck Lighting

Load Rite Bunk Trailer – completely Re-done with
    NEW:
    • Tires
    • Hubs
    • Bearings
    • Lights
    • Spare Tire Carrier
    • Brand New Spare Tire

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kwipp

kwipp I Love microskiff.com!

That is an awesome looking boat.

3. Jakeellington

Jakeellington I Love microskiff.com!

I see there are no holes under the gunnel forward for rods tips to go into while in the rod racks. Can a 9ft fly rod fit in the under gunnel rod holders facing backward? In your pics I see a fly rod in the holders facing backward but cannot tell if it is broken down or not? Also Is the back deck and cooler seat a custom set up or is that how the boat was designed originally? Can you email me some pics of what is under the back deck behind the cooler? I will PM email address thanks!!

4. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Dolphin put their rods in the correct way-shotgun style ;) The holes are in the rear. So you can get on the the deck and get/change your rod. Without having to get off the deck. Or move stuff in the cockpit. I wish my Lostmen was like that. Especially with the side console. My old Mako 1550 was shotgun style. And it is so easy to pull/place them in the rack. All flats skiff should be done this way. I see no draw backs at all. Only advantages ;)

5. acraft1720

acraft1720 I Love microskiff.com!

Some have rod tubes going fore and aft but I agree the ones facing aft are the best. My hpx has both and it's nice to have the heavy end of the rods forward, plus it looks cool which is very important!