SOLD/EXPIRED 16 Dolphin on Craigslist - not mine

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Net 30, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/2952783771.html

2. texasislandboy

texasislandboy I Love microskiff.com!

I sent a email on that one.. I'm in texas but looks like a nice time for a road trip.

3. Blue Zone

Blue Zone I Love microskiff.com!

From the ad on CL:
    Also have Floating Jet Dock available for the boat with wench. I wonder if he meant "winch" or is his wife part of the deal?

4. FtIslandTrailMan

FtIslandTrailMan Bug Slinger !

Thats funny right there :D

5. hharke

hharke I Love microskiff.com!

I am interested in the boat, but he can keep the "wench". Already have one of my own.

6. tonyd

tonyd I Love microskiff.com!

Emailed the guy yesterday and no response. Seems like a sweet setup.

7. texasislandboy

I talked to him about it but shipping was way to crazy from there to texas.

8. tonyd

Did he seem pretty flexible on the price? I've been meeting to call him and I haven't had time to do it yet?

9. texasislandboy

not to sure I mean for the deal it is I dont think I would beat him up much. he did say it had a little dock rash from getting up under one or something but it wasnt bad he said.

10. mhinkle90

mhinkle90 Let it scream!!!

@Texas

Have you ever checked out USHIP.com? you can post the item and all the specs to it and trucking and shipping companies bid to get the job. you then can choose which shipper you want and get the best deal. i used them to ship a four wheeler from orlando to michigan and only cost me 275 bucks! just an idea if you really waned the boat.

11. texasislandboy

yes I signed up on that website and the lowest bid I got in like 5 days was alittle under 2k which made it not worth it to me.

12. mhinkle90

mhinkle90 Let it scream!!!

Geeze thats pretty high! I'd figure it wouldve been cheaper.

13. texasislandboy

has someone seen this boat in person? I think I would make him a offer if I knew it was in good shape.

14. tonyd

I talked to him yesterday, to see about going to see it and water testing it today. He told me someone was supposed to get it Friday(tomorrow) but they hadnt left a deposit. I've been trying to get ahold of himm all day today so I can shoot up there and leave the deposit(if I like the way the boat looks and rides), but no answer.

15. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Called and left two messages yesterday myself. No call back. I was south Florida bound with $ in hand. Oh well. Search continues......

16. tonyd

Me too...Lol... I'm going to try again tomorrow afternoon and see what happens. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll still have it and I can pick it up.

17. tonyd

Went to see it this morning. Speechless. The pictures make it look way better than it does in person. I honestly would noto pay more than 5000 for it and even that is a little steep I think personally. Pm me if you want more details if you're interested in actually purchasing the vessel without seeing it.

18. dingdangdoo

dingdangdoo I LOVE FISHING

please explain what is wrong with this boat?

19. tonyd

First it's an 88 so anyone going to see it just keep that in mind. From my opinions and the things I saw I do not want to discourage anyone from buying the boat or wanting to see it. I have just noticed a few people are from out of town and can not see the boat, as well as a few things that I might mention might just save someone time and gas.
    Like I said I would be hesitant to pay 5g for it.
    The good:
    Trailer is in good condition and not to mention torsion axle
    Trolling motor is new
    The boat doesn't look like it's been crashed, there is a bunch of scuff marks.

When I talked to the guy on the phone he said that the boat was re-gelcoated and is in great condition.
    The Bad:
    The awlgrip paint was laid down very poorly and it doesn't look like anyone preped the boat before painting it.
    The floor where the console is there is a nice size stress crack, it nots weak I jumped on it. The motor apparently was rebuilt but looks like it has quite a few hours on it. There is only 2 storage compartments the size of a small anchor box. The bait/live well is probably all of 10 gallons. On the stern underneath the boat there is probably about a 5x5 area that is nothing but fiberglass showing that would most definitely need work before being water ready.

All in all I was very disappointed when I saw the boat, yes it is an 88 and I shouldn't expect much but when the pics look amazing and the guy tells you it's just like the pics or the pics don't do justice sorry not impressed.

I checked the boat from top to bottom bow to stern. If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to try and help you.

20. ncelano

ncelano I Love microskiff.com!

New to the forum, and looking for a good, fairly priced boat so I can get back into flats fishing. My previous flats boats were a hewes redfisher, hewes bonefisher, and a back country 18. Any insight you can provide would be helpful so I dont have to drive from orlando to ft lauderdale.