15/20 Suzuki

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by goon squad, Sep 26, 2013.

1. goon squad

goon squad I Love microskiff.com!

I will be picking up my IPB 14 soon and I would like to power it with a new DF20AS. I know they are EFI motors. I can get a deal on a 2005 DF 15 carb. motor, and as far as I know they are basically the same motor other than the fuel system. my question is, can the 15 preform like a 20 with mods to carb or any other mods?

any input will be much appreciated !

2. gillz

gillz Well-Known Member

I can't say on the comparison for the carb motor, but I recently picked up a 2013 Suzuki 20hp still in the break in period. I am very impressed with the way it starts effortlessly and how quiet and smooth it runs. You will mostly likely burn less fuel also . It's a long haul but if you want to fish Flamingo or S. Biscayne Bay and try out my 20 on your boat, let me know and we can set something up.

3. goon squad

goon squad I Love microskiff.com!

That's very kind of you, gillz, my brother has a new 20 so I know they are awesome little motors, I just don't know if I want to finance a new 20 or buy the used 15. need to figure this dilemma out before my boat is done. Also want to be satisfied with the performance of the 15 if I buy it.