Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
Bay Cat 19/VF115, Mitzi 16/50TLR, IPB 14/15MSH
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up my IPB 14 soon and I would like to power it with a new DF20AS. I know they are EFI motors. I can get a deal on a 2005 DF 15 carb. motor, and as far as I know they are basically the same motor other than the fuel system. my question is, can the 15 preform like a 20 with mods to carb or any other mods?

any input will be much appreciated !

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can't say on the comparison for the carb motor, but I recently picked up a 2013 Suzuki 20hp still in the break in period. I am very impressed with the way it starts effortlessly and how quiet and smooth it runs. You will mostly likely burn less fuel also . It's a long haul but if you want to fish Flamingo or S. Biscayne Bay and try out my 20 on your boat, let me know and we can set something up.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
Bay Cat 19/VF115, Mitzi 16/50TLR, IPB 14/15MSH
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's very kind of you, gillz, my brother has a new 20 so I know they are awesome little motors, I just don't know if I want to finance a new 20 or buy the used 15. need to figure this dilemma out before my boat is done. Also want to be satisfied with the performance of the 15 if I buy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts