Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get it right. The Lu is a flat bottom skiff, (Like the one for sale) trolling motor, 2 batts and a cooler for the beer. The motor is a 2 smoke Yamaha with mariner stickers. I'm running a 9 7/8 X 13 prop right now and I have no top end. :-[ Anybody have a sugestion of what prop I should try. Thanks, KP

·
I Love microskiff.com!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got the boat out and got her wound up to 4750-4800 rpms, registered 23 kt on the gps. I think i need to go down to a 12p. Anyone have have a prop I could borrow to ck out performance?

·
> PRO STAFF <
7,519 Posts
Dropping down an inch in pitch should increase rpms about 200.
I'd try an 11 inch pitch also, try to get the rpms up to 5200.

·
Registered
558 Posts
SnookNreds gets back on the 13th.  Send him a message then and see what he is using.

Russ I run a 25 Hp though so it is probably differant.  Maybe if you stop by the house to check the splash well trough poke your head in the back and take a look at what is on the skiff?

I hope you had a great Christmas and a fun and SAFE New Years!!  I can not wait to put you on some fish and enjoy some more GREAT conversations while putting a few cold ones down!
Thanks again for all of your help and knowledge on the Robalo, you are the MAN!!

Talk with you soon,
Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts