14' LuCraft w/30 hp 2stk

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by 65lbsailfish, Nov 18, 2009.

1. 65lbsailfish

65lbsailfish I Love microskiff.com!

Trying to get it right. The Lu is a flat bottom skiff, (Like the one for sale) trolling motor, 2 batts and a cooler for the beer. The motor is a 2 smoke Yamaha with mariner stickers. I'm running a 9 7/8 X 13 prop right now and I have no top end. :-[ Anybody have a sugestion of what prop I should try. Thanks, KP

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

What rpm's are you turning at full throttle?

3. 65lbsailfish

65lbsailfish I Love microskiff.com!

Finally got the boat out and got her wound up to 4750-4800 rpms, registered 23 kt on the gps. I think i need to go down to a 12p. Anyone have have a prop I could borrow to ck out performance?

4. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Dropping down an inch in pitch should increase rpms about 200.
    I'd try an 11 inch pitch also, try to get the rpms up to 5200.

5. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

SnookNreds gets back on the 13th. Send him a message then and see what he is using.

6. snooknreds2

snooknreds2 Well-Known Member

Russ I run a 25 Hp though so it is probably differant.  Maybe if you stop by the house to check the splash well trough poke your head in the back and take a look at what is on the skiff?

I hope you had a great Christmas and a fun and SAFE New Years!!  I can not wait to put you on some fish and enjoy some more GREAT conversations while putting a few cold ones down!
    Thanks again for all of your help and knowledge on the Robalo, you are the MAN!!

Talk with you soon,
    Jason