Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a project I started but don't have the spare time to finish. I fixed a couple of cracks in the hull and the floor as well as replaced a section of wood in the floor.

The seller lost the title and gave me a copy of the registration and bill of sale to apply for the lost title.

$300 or best offer.

Picture with poling platform mock up. (PP not included but for sale seperatly)

As you can see I didn't spend a great deal on a quality appearence, I just wanted a basic flats skiff.

All serious offers are welcome.

This is an ongoing project so it may change from time to time. Very little time from time and hopefully an improvement.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Re: 14' fiberglass hull

I wish I had space for another project.  Maybe I can sell the lucraft and put my motor on this boat.... [smiley=highhorse.gif]

·
Paddling away...
6,482 Posts

Wow man, I would have definitely picked this up a couple weeks ago before I got into my project.

·
Registered
170 Posts

I have a -very- similar hull to that one in my barn, awaiting a refurb into a poling skiff. They have very similar lines to the early poling skiffs, I think. Should run like a raped ape with the 50hp nissan I have waiting for it.

Josh

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Is it a Johnson, or a Mitchell?  Or something else entirely?
Manatee made in Plametto, FL Early '80s I think.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I have a -very- similar hull to that one in my barn, awaiting a refurb into a poling skiff.  They have very similar lines to the early poling skiffs, I think.  Should run like a raped ape with the 50hp nissan I have waiting for it.

Josh
I was thinking the lines looked similar to this:
http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220323866

If I had more spare time I would have loved to deck it and make it a kind of /sort of copy of it.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Yup, Wind River, Fibercraft, Willys etc. Classic bonefishing skiffs I believe.

Deck that thing and make neo-classic out of her!

Josh

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yup, Wind River, Fibercraft, Willys etc.  Classic bonefishing skiffs I believe.  

Deck that thing and make neo-classic out of her!

Josh
Brother, yer makin' me crave them epoxy fumes and wantin' to scratch that fiberglass itch!

·
Registered
89 Posts

That looks real close to the Johnsen hull I have. It looks like many skiffs builders from that era all copied each other, Mitchell, plametto, Johnsen and I'm sure there are many more look similar.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Long time onlooker finally breaking my silence, is this sold?
Not yet, somebody is coming by this weekend.

I also have this on a trailer now that I will post if things don't work out with interested party.

And welcome. Great first post considering it is a question about something I'm selling!;D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

I don't think the logistics is going to work out for me, I wish it was closer.

Good luck with the sale, it'll make a great rig for someone.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Got it on the trailer for a package deal of $600 OBO. or will seperate. Magic Tilt that tilts! Trailer could use some welding at the base of the winch post and the tongue is a little bent, could use straightening. Everything else is good to go.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts