Hello all, my first post here. I’ve been lurking around the site for a few years and figured I’d document a project I picked up a couple weeks ago. Maybe someone can learn from my mistakes and help me out if I run into problems. Excuse me if I’m a little long winded, I like details. I got fed up with my weak 1436 riveted jon (which I thouroughly abused by taking it in rough water and speeds it should never go), and was offered this stumpknocker for free and decided to bring it back to life. It has been sitting upside down on the ground by our dock for years with no love. I believe it’s a 2002 based on the hull ID#. Seems to be in fair shape, strong transom, no apparent soft spots. I put my outboard on it and took off for a test spin prior to committing to the project. I really like the way it rides. Didn’t take any pics before I flippped it, but will post as soon as I get it upright. First step is prepping to paint the bottom and sides. Had antifoulant on it, so I’m getting started sanding down down to base material (not sure if this green stuff is Gelcoat or some mold material), trying not to hit fiberglass underneath. I’ve sanded a few boats before and know how bad it sucks and how long it takes, so to speed it up I put the angle grinder to work with 36 grit on a backing pad to get bulk of the paint off before hitting it with 80 grit on a random orbital sander to get it clean and smooth(ish). You can see where I dug into the transom a little with the grinder, gotta be careful with that thing. Filled in the old motor mount holes with epoxy putty. Cold front is about to hit, so painting will have to wait a few days. Gives me plenty of time to finish prepping the hull. For coatings: I’m going with totalboat epoxy barrier coat first, then totalboat krypton antifoulant on bottom, and Rustoleum topside (battleship grey) on sides. Boat will be kept in brackish water here south MS. For interior paint I haven’t figured out what color I want to use, if I want to put down some non skid, or if I even feel like messing with any of it it at all. It’s got the white with splatter paint on it now and I don’t like it at all. But if I’m going to paint over it, Id like to do it before I start adding things and putting back together the hardware (seats, cleats, hinges, etc.). I’ve got a couple patches to repaint where I took off old cleats and other little items anyway. On my test run I noticed a couple things about the motor/boat combo. Motor is a 2017 suzuki 20hp 4 stroke short shaft, and was mounted directly to the transom. Seemed like anti cav plate was a tad too low, throwing a little more spray than necessary. Also noticed the tiller handle was wanting to go into my torso as I made a left hand turn. Would def be a problem once I add a seat. Adding a mini jacker to offset both of these issues. I’ve also got the wrong prop on there for this heavy of a boat. No tach, but I know the motor isn’t getting to optimal rpm range at wot. Switched my stock 9.25x10p for a 9.25x11p to run on the tinny, but need to switch back to the 10p for this boat. Ran about 24-25 mph and touched 26 once on the test run, Very light load, just me and no gear in the boat. Hope to stay above 25mph consitently with the mini jacker and new prop on there and carrying addl weight from things that will stay in the boat all the time. I hoped $1000 would be plenty to get this boat where it needs to be, but Was hoping to keep it around $500. Not looking like I’m gonna make that budget. I still need quite a few things. Below is what I’ve got invested so far: Sandpaper/misc hardware store trips - $90 (adds up quick) Barrier coat and antifoulant -$150 Rustoleum topside and paint rollers -$30 Mini jacker - $120 Stainless cleat and stern tie downs -$30 Stumpknocker vinyl decals -$20 Total -$440 so far and haven’t even got started on the inside of the boat. I’m all ears as to what you guys suggest on the interior topside of the boat. Colors, additions, etc. I talked to a guy at a local fab shop about one of those aluminum grab bars everyone on here has so I could drive standing up, but didn’t love the price ($200). More updates and pics to come as it progresses. Hope to get it pretty close to complete by the Christmas holidays.