Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am thinking about doing mods to my 13 gheenoe by adding front and back decks, cutting out the center seat and adding s grab bar/yeti long ways. My concern with the grab bar and tiller extension would mean only standing to drive. In short, I am questioning the stability when running. Do any of you have this setup or have friends who do?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,

I am thinking about doing mods to my 13 gheenoe by adding front and back decks, cutting out the center seat and adding s grab bar/yeti long ways. My concern with the grab bar and tiller extension would mean only standing to drive. In short, I am questioning the stability when running. Do any of you have this setup or have friends who do?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I had a 13 that the previous owner cut the middle seat out. If you’re not planning on putting in a false floor, do NOT cut the seat. The hull loses its rigidity and will flex while underway.

Keep your tiller extension modest, I think mine was about 14-16”, and you can sit or stand easily.

I didn’t have a grab bar, but it would have been nice to have. If I was standing while running and came across a wake, I just sat down.

I miss that boat every flood tide. If you have good balance, walk the centerline, and use it as it’s intended to be, the stability won’t cross your mind. Maybe get a tiller extension first and see what you think before diving into a full overhaul?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts