Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Concept Z that I am pretty happy with so far. I was using Pro Max reels before but they just aren't holding up to the salt very well. The Concept Z casts like a rocket and still feels prtty smooth even with the bushings. I'm looking in to getting a spinning reel from them and wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I love mine but they are susceptible to failure imo on the older bearing design, new bushing design looks good

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I flat smoked the bearings in my Pro Max in about a dozen trips. The Concept Z is great. Thinking about rebuilding the PMax reels with some Boca bearings. Because other than the spool bearings it's good to go.

Reactions: G3615

·
Registered
69 Posts
Best bait casters in my opinion. Cant beat the 22lbs of bull dog drag! I have 4 concepts A's and two origin.

On the flip side there spinning reels are complete garbage.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read some pretty mixed reviews on their spinning reels as well. I like the CZB bushings so far and the only offering in a spinning reel starts with the Prototype X. I can get one shipped for $180. I spoke with the guys at 13 Fishing about the reviews and they had some good explanations. Apparently there have been a fair amount of revisions to the reel. They were also seemed very willing to do whatever was needed for customer satisfaction. It may all be smoke and mirrors but I came away from the conversation with a warm fuzzy feeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts